Talk

Advanced search

Nutribullet ...I just made banana ice cream in under a minute. What have you made with yours?

(38 Posts)
FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 24-Oct-15 17:09:13

I've made juices and soup. I had some frozen bananas so thought I'd make a smoothie. I googled and came across the banana ice cream. A splash of water and pulse two bananas until they're ice cream. It's lovely.

OreosOreosOreos Sat 24-Oct-15 17:13:08

Interesting.... I had made this previously with a blender, but when I tried with the nutribullet they just got stuck, and I had to add some liquid (I think I used milk), and then it just went too liquidy!

VimFuego101 Sat 24-Oct-15 17:14:36

Peanut butter - just throw peanuts in.

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 24-Oct-15 17:17:59

Peanut butter! I hadn't thought of that.

I wonder if adding a bit of cream may help, instead of water Oreos? You could add oreos too grin

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 24-Oct-15 17:19:03

Oreos, did you keep stopping and shaking?

RubberDuck Sat 24-Oct-15 17:37:46

Ooo that does sound good. I really liked my nutribullet but then I found the smoothies I was making aggravated my acid reflux sad

However, bananas are fine, so I can totally make it my banana ice-cream maker!! grin

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 24-Oct-15 18:38:24

I had some roasted peanuts noone liked so just made peanut butter smile

Rubber, i use it to hide veg in passatta for dcs sauces. They're teens but don't eat onions etc. One likes broccoli. Neither eat mushrooms. Anyway they get plenty of veg. Made one tonight using frozen veg.

OldCrowMedicineShow Sat 24-Oct-15 18:42:05

Lemon mousse- a tin of coconut milk (with the watery bit drained off), lemon juice and zest, agave syrup.

Salad dressings too.

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 24-Oct-15 18:50:23

Oldcrow do you chill the lemon mousse?

OldCrowMedicineShow Sat 24-Oct-15 20:03:25

You chill the coconut milk overnight in the fridge then open the tin at the bottom. The mousse never lasted long enough to chill blush but it would be lovely chilled.

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 24-Oct-15 20:24:09

Thanks.

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 24-Oct-15 21:50:01

Dh tried the peanut butter and is very impressed. Maybe he won't think nutribullet is a waste of money now? thlwink

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sat 24-Oct-15 22:31:25

You can add frozen mango chunks with the bananas as well. I used to make it in a blender and add a bit of soya milk when I was dairy free. Must get one of those bullet things.

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 24-Oct-15 22:52:07

Oo good idea thanks Shot.

I got one of the Breville blend active blenders first. That's pretty good for the price.

BrandNewAndImproved Sat 24-Oct-15 22:53:49

You can make your own Nutella. Hazelnuts and either cocoa powder and something sweet like honey or melted chocolate.

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 24-Oct-15 22:56:13

Oh my! Ds2 will be in heaven making nutella.

Crepes and ^ next week. Am at work tomorrow for 13 hours or would've done it then. impatient

BrandNewAndImproved Sat 24-Oct-15 23:02:27

I normally put hazelnuts in the oven for ten minutes tovhekp release the oils and soften them but as you have a bullet I expect they'll be fine to just chuck in.

Its so amazing, it's like the best ferro roche taste you could imagine.

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 24-Oct-15 23:08:52

Just been googling. Says it keeps for 3 days in the fridge. I might use some on a cake too?

BrandNewAndImproved Sat 24-Oct-15 23:11:03

3 days! I keep it in a jam jar in the fridge for a week at a time. It hasn't got anything in it to go off.

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 24-Oct-15 23:11:25

Ds2 loves ferrero rocher. He's underweight so this will help with cals. I'll show him how to make it too seen as he's 15. Quite capable thlgrin

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 24-Oct-15 23:12:37

I did wonder about 3 days. Oils in the nuts should help preserve it surely?

BrandNewAndImproved Sat 24-Oct-15 23:14:43

It hasn't got anything in it that can go off. Nuts take ages to go off, chocolate takes years. I really wouldn't worry about the 3 day thing.

FreakinScaryCaaw Sat 24-Oct-15 23:16:30

Thanks I won't worry.

DimlowChips Mon 26-Oct-15 18:56:11

DH and I are sat here eating banana ice cream made in the nutribullet after I spotted this thread. Yum! Thanks FreakinScaryCaaw

FreakinScaryCaaw Mon 26-Oct-15 19:45:55

Glad you enjoyed it DimlowChips thlsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now