Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Frozen spinach question

(7 Posts)
Holymoly321 Mon 19-Oct-15 18:01:16

Hi there, am planning on making a veggie type lasagna for lunch tomorrow. Recipe says I need 600g frozen chopped spinach. Firstly, after trying FOUR different supermarkets, I finally got hold of some frozen spinach. It's frozen leaf rather than chopped but it should be ok no?. Also, how long do you think it'll take to defrost (have to also squeeze it dry before using). Should I leave it in fridge overnight or hope that it defrosts in 60 minutes tomorrow morning? Thanks in advance- I really am a novice cook! confused

Pointlessfan Mon 19-Oct-15 18:03:13

It'll be fine. I either defrost it in the microwave or just melt it in a saucepan. Enjoy your lasagne!

MrsAukerman Mon 19-Oct-15 18:05:50

I shove mine in a mug and pour boiling water on it. Sometimes I need to refresh the water then when it's defrosted sieve it and squeeze by hand then chop on the board.
It's one of my must have ingredients especially for veggie baby ds.

MilkyChops Thu 22-Oct-15 19:47:47

I just used to chuck mine into my curries in the frozen blocks and let it melt in the pan confused I'm still alive too!

Owllady Thu 22-Oct-15 19:52:36

Me too milky chops smile

CheekyMaleekey Thu 22-Oct-15 19:54:13

Leave it in the blocks. It'll melt while cooking.

whois Fri 23-Oct-15 16:29:09

Firstly, after trying FOUR different supermarkets, I finally got hold of some frozen spinach.

Wilted fresh would have been the same, you didn't need to go to four places looking for frozen ;-)

I keep frozen spinach in the freezer as it is useful to add into things - if a recipe calls for it to be squeezed before like yours does I defrost it in the microwave, then put it in a colander and use a bowl to press the water out (as its hot you don't want to touch it).

If I am making something where extra moisture doesn't mater like a curry I just chuck it in frozen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now