Talk

Advanced search

just agreed to 12x Adults. 8x Toddlers .....

(13 Posts)
stuckinahole Sat 17-Oct-15 20:29:24

For a bloody Halloween shin dig!

So, what the hell do I cook for 12x adults?

I've got the kids sorted - that's easy.

But 12x bloody adults!?!

HELP!!!!!

ceeveebee Sat 17-Oct-15 20:37:23

I'd do something like pulled pork or chilli or shepherds pie (could use braising steak / lamb shoulder occupy wanted it to be slightly more special!)

RabbitSaysWoof Sat 17-Oct-15 20:37:48

A cauldron of Chilie con carne or roast pumpkin lasagna.

ClashCityRocker Sat 17-Oct-15 20:39:36

Id do a big pot of goulash.

Or maybe a ham with salad, new potatoes and bits to help themselves to?
Or a buffet type thing?

stuckinahole Sat 17-Oct-15 20:45:28

Fab ideas!

Deedeecupcake Sat 17-Oct-15 20:47:24

Id make two lasagnas the day before and then reheat in oven, with either some jacket potatoes or wedges, garlic bread and salad. Let people serve themselves.

LBOCS2 Sat 17-Oct-15 21:11:52

Chilli con carne with baked potatoes cooked in the bonfire. Nothing better :D

KitKat1985 Sun 18-Oct-15 18:16:29

Any special diets? Honestly I'd keep it simple. Jacket potatoes with fillings, or a big pasta type dish.

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Mon 19-Oct-15 13:13:15

Pulled pork in baps with coleslaw, chuck the pork in the slow cooker. Super easy.

wonkylegs Mon 19-Oct-15 13:25:40

We did a pumpkin soup made in a roasted whole pumpkin, with crusty bread. We then had a big pot of chilli with jacket potatoes.

BoyFromTheBigBadCity Sun 25-Oct-15 11:42:45

Lemon chicken and potatoes - slice up pots, some onions, maybe garlic, thyme. Spread out in 2 roasting dishes, pour on a little wine or water, dot with butter, half hour the oven, then cover with lemon slices and chicken joints (better than breast) which you've seasoned, back in oven till cooked and crispy skin. V easy and feels like a treat.

whois Sun 25-Oct-15 17:52:01

When I've fed that many adults I have done a huge pot of chilli or stew or tagine type thing (or actually two huge pots!) and some bug trays of chicken pieces roasted in the oven in huge disposable roasting dishes. Served with couscous because it doesn't need a hob space or just loads of bread.

Basically anything you can cook earlier in the day which can be reheated on the hob is a winner. Beef stew with veggies in it plus loads of crusty bread would be easy to make and serve for 12.

It's worth the investment in good quality disposable plates and cutlery and glasses I think. The cheap stuff is crap, but the good quality stuff is nice to eat with and whilst adding a bit of money into the evening makes the clear up a gazillion times easier.

whois Sun 25-Oct-15 17:54:08

Oh, have also done a slow cooked pork shoulder thing and served 'help yourself hog roast' style with bread, stuffing, apple sauce, mustard and a few different salads.

That went down well. That year I couldn't do a sit down dinner because I didn't have a table big enough for 14.

Was eating pulled pork for ages afterwards tho!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now