Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions please for a Halloween themed meal - for adults

(4 Posts)
HuevosRancheros Fri 16-Oct-15 16:30:59

I'm hosting a murder mystery dinner party on Halloween for 6 people, and need inspiration for a meal plan.
Something suitably Halloween-y, but not gory like you might do for kids.
Not really sure where to start - anyone got any suggestions?

TIA smile

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Fri 16-Oct-15 16:45:48

Pumpkin soup to start.
Lovely sausages with balsamic roasted shallots, sweet potato mash and cauliflower cheese.
A kind of Bakewell tart for pud, with plum jam (blood), white icing and a spider web pattern.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Fri 16-Oct-15 16:47:08

If that's not posh enough:

watercress or spinach soup
stuffed butternut squash
baked figs or plums baked in red wine, with marscapone

HuevosRancheros Sun 18-Oct-15 17:09:55

Thanks Remus, some lovely suggestions smile

I like the idea of soup, but I'm not that fussed about pumpkin sadly, despite it fitting perfectly with the occasion! Think I might do Thomasina Miers' tortilla soup - I never really make it at home as DH doesn't like many of the toppings (but likes the soup in its own, so that's ok), but it tastes really good and should be quite (low key) 'wow' smile

The bakewell is a brilliant idea, with the spider web decoration, but one of the guests is apparently hugely averse to almonds, sigh.
So I'm thinking of going Momofuku's crack pie, maybe with an iced web on top? And stealing your idea of plums, or possibly pears, in red wine to accompany.

Now just got to figure what main to serve in between!

Thanks flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: