Talk

Advanced search

Green chicken meat

(10 Posts)
Minimammoth Tue 13-Oct-15 17:14:24

We have just cut into a roast chicken and the breast meat was green. Butcher says this is an abscess, no one could have known it was there, it's common etc etc. All I know is it did not look appetising. I am wondering how often it occurs especially in pre prepared foods like curries.
Am proper put off.
Anyone else had this happen.

FrozenPonds Tue 13-Oct-15 17:21:43

No, I've never had it happen, but I think I vaguely remember hearing about it happening.

Sounds grim.

I must admit though, I tend not to dwell on what might have gone into pre prepared meals/sausages/anything I haven't cooked myself.

I have very pronounced ostrich tendencies. grin.

You didn't eat the green chicken did you?? Please say no...

Minimammoth Tue 13-Oct-15 17:37:17

No. No. It did not smell bad, I have to say, it was just lurid. We had vegetables for Sunday dinner.

Paperblank Sun 18-Oct-15 15:34:14

It does happen - but I wouldn't say an abscess is common though...in three years in Environmental Health I've seen it once in a leg of lamb.

howtorebuild Sun 18-Oct-15 15:38:26

I have heard of this, never experienced it personally.

bigsnugglebunny Sun 18-Oct-15 15:56:17

I think it sounds like this:

ink{http://www.cfs.gov.hk/english/whatsnew/whatsnew\www.cfs.gov.hk/english/whatsnew/whatsne]]w}fst/whatsneww_fstGreenn_Meatinn_Chickens.html

GloriaHotcakes Sun 18-Oct-15 15:58:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Minimammoth Sun 18-Oct-15 16:56:08

Thank you for the info snuggle . That looks like it. Poor chicken.

OwlFeathersFluff Thu 22-Oct-15 01:16:49

Eww - kind if roast mastitis envy

Minimammoth Sat 24-Oct-15 18:25:04

Just to round off. The butcher was most apologetic, replaced bird foc and said there was no way of knowing in advance. He assured me it'd I'd not reflect the welfare of the bird.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now