Talk

Advanced search

Pancakes for crispy duck

(8 Posts)
Dancergirl Fri 11-Sep-15 11:57:37

Do any supermarkets sell them?

JamNan Fri 11-Sep-15 14:01:33

Waitrose

but you can buy them online too . Stock up as they freeze well.

Or make them although I've never tried it.

riverboat1 Fri 11-Sep-15 19:59:19

I've made them - it's very cheap and simple in terms of ingredients, but it is fiddly and time consuming to roll them all out, prise them off the rolled surface and then cook them individually.

I tried a method that suggested you could roll out two at a time on top of each other, and cook them together, but it didn't work because they just stuck to each other.

NeverEverAnythingEver Sat 12-Sep-15 20:25:06

I have made them with two at a time. You brush some sesame oil in between. Like this: www.nigella.com/recipes/view/chinese-pancakes-for-crispy-duck-3966

It's a bit fiddly but much more satisfying than those really thin ones you get from the shop.

But it's fiddly ...

fruitpastille Sat 12-Sep-15 20:43:28

Yes, waitrose and sometimes Sainsbury's. I've also bought them from my local takeaway for a couple of quid.

FannyFanakapan Sat 12-Sep-15 20:47:10

do you have an asian supermarket near you - find them in the freezer, I got about 200 pancakes for a couple of quid.

OverAndAbove Sat 12-Sep-15 20:51:11

The waitrose ones are excellent; just the right thickness and slightly floury. They are supposedly freezable

Dancergirl Tue 15-Sep-15 16:04:04

Bought the Waitrose ones, they were FAB! I cooked duck legs in a very hot oven for 1.5 hours and shredded it like they do in the restaurant. Did the usual cucumber/spring onion and hoi sin sauce (couldn't find plum), I couldn't believe how authentic they tasted! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now