Soup maker - 8 mins for smooth soup?!

(5 Posts)
littlecupcake Fri 04-Sep-15 09:29:34

I was chatting to a customer at work the other day about a soup maker and he said he's got one that's brilliant. He said it was about 50 quid from Amazon, black/white/red and made smooth soup in 8 minutes. That sounds really quick to me, does anyone know which machine he was on about? He couldn't remember the make.

Are soup makers any good, or is it going to be another dust-gathering gadget?

cdtaylornats Fri 04-Sep-15 11:12:58

I had one that gathered dust for 6 months and then I gave it to my sister who used it every week throughout the winter and has used it again this winter in the same way. So its a case of how much soup you eat really. They do seem to work pretty well though.

littlecupcake Sat 05-Sep-15 09:40:43

Thanks cdtaylornats. I suppose it is all down to the individual. I'm a sahm so I'd be able to prep the soup most days and serve it up when it's done - might be easier than sandwiches which have to be made there and then, invariably when the kids are hungry and hanging of my ankles! At least soup can be done in advance while the kids amused themselves for a few minutes.

shortaris1 Sun 06-Sep-15 20:47:36

I have an Arke soup maker and I love it. Dead easy, just chuck everything in and leave for half an hour in this case. I take some sort of soup to work every day in Winter and with this there was no mess and it was easy to clean. You could do it all in a pan of course, but I was given this as a gift and got loads of use out of it. It's currently in a cupboard waiting for a cold day!

BikeRunSki Sun 06-Sep-15 20:52:40

I love soup and take it to work most days in the winter, but I don't understand why you can't make sandwiches in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now