Talk

Advanced search

So frigging BORED of my repertoire!

(21 Posts)
Badmumton Wed 02-Sep-15 19:35:09

I'm bored, bored, bored of the food I cook.

I need healthy, delicious, fairly quick meals I can make after work for a daily of four. Chicken, fish, prawns, veggie dishes particularly, but not massively fussy.

Pleeeeeeeeeease give me some new stuff to cook grin

Badmumton Wed 02-Sep-15 19:35:47

a FAMILY of four!

Currently rotating stir fry, curry, pasta dishes and boring salmon and chicken with veg/potatoes/sweet potatoes.

FoofFighter Wed 02-Sep-15 19:36:32

Have a look at Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals, sounds like they'd be right up your street smile

AwfulBeryl Wed 02-Sep-15 19:38:31

this looks nice.
Just popped up on my news feed on fb, don't know if it counts as healthy though.

Sylviecat Wed 02-Sep-15 19:41:07

We had Mexican bake tonight. Roast a load sweet potato wedges for 30 mins. Meanwhile fry onions/garlic with diced veg or canned beans with cumin and paprika and chilli. Add tin of toms.
Put tomato/veg mixture over wedges and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese goes bubbly.
Serve with green salad. Yum .

AlisonWunderland Wed 02-Sep-15 19:43:46

Have you seen the adverts for Hello Fresh for people who can't be arsed to shop?
I haven't used their service but you can download their recipes. I'm trying 2 new ones a week for a while. Good way of getting out of your comfort zone

AspieAndNT Wed 02-Sep-15 19:51:22

We had cola chicken tonight. Also fanta chicken is lovely. Google them.

AuraofDora Wed 02-Sep-15 19:52:25

I know how you feel so looking here for some ideas. Some stuff we do too regularly is couscous, roasted veg, hummous, salad, served like a tapas and it's easy to add little dishes that need eating up too
What about stuffed peppers, spanish omelette, a chili spaghetti, seasonal soups and paninis
Well I'm all out now, might try your Mexican bake Sylviecat

Seriouslyffs Wed 02-Sep-15 19:57:03

Hello Fresh is absolutely fantastic. I've subscribed but only have it delivered once every 6 weeks. The recipes are great and have got me out of a meatballs/ fish pie/
lasagna slough.
There's a recipe on the main page here for one pot pasta- it's lovely and I've made it twice since I saw it yesterday. blush

Coletterbox Wed 02-Sep-15 21:06:04

I've just put together a 7 day meal plan - all stuff that's quick and easy to cook AND helps you get your 5 a day smile
www.eatdrinkcook.co.uk/in-season-in-september/

Coletterbox Wed 02-Sep-15 21:07:24

eeek - sorry! wrong link blush
This is the one I meant... www.eatdrinkcook.co.uk/7-day-meal-plan-for-your-5-a-day/

Bumdance Thu 03-Sep-15 13:29:38

Shakshouka, or a variant of (I cook chorizo into the sauce). With loads of herbs and some nice crusty bread, yum! Can make the sauce ahead.

The wahaca cookbook has some great recipes and v good for general inspiration I'd say.

wafflyversatile Thu 03-Sep-15 13:36:13

I'm currently trying out gousto. Same idea as hello fresh.

Pm me and I'll give you code for 20 quid off your first order. Its not the cheapest option but worth a trial. You might get 15 off anyway.

I'm thinking of trying hello fresh too.

Sunflower999 Thu 03-Sep-15 14:32:08

We often use the Jamie 30 minute book, the recipes take MUCH longer than 30 minutes, more like an hour plus washing up and clearing up time, but I sometimes just cook one thing out of the five plus things he suggests per meal, leave out the salad and pudding etc, it's still nice and much more do-able than using every saucepan in the house on a school night. Someone else suggested the Jamie 15 minute book, I like that one too, although everything takes me at least 30 minutes.

TinklyLittleLaugh Thu 03-Sep-15 14:42:27

I am quite into shoving everything in one tray and bunging it in the oven lately.
So chicken thighs, chorizo, onion, red pepper, new potatoes and oregano
Sausages, frozen Mediterranean veg mix and new potatoes
White fish, tinned tomatoes, onions, peppers and basil
Add some crusty bread to mop up.
Job's a good 'un.

MerdeAlor Thu 03-Sep-15 14:49:27

I Love the one tray bakes Tinkly
My favourite is chicken thighs (no skin) some pricked tomatoes, parboiled potatoes, bunch of fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
It all kind of mushes up together and you get gooey tomatoey roast potatoes.

Soosieboo Thu 03-Sep-15 15:04:35

Sometimes we all get fed up of the same thing. It's at those times I get out the books and look for inspiration. Everything from Jaime, Nigel and old, old books I've had most my married life.
I've got some recipes on my blog if you're looking for more inspiration.
soosie.wales/recipes/

TinklyLittleLaugh Thu 03-Sep-15 15:10:50

I've also gone a bit retro in my bid to ring the changes; traditional English rather than world cuisine. Pies and casseroles are not particularly quick though.

Chewbecca Fri 04-Sep-15 14:22:47

Love this sticky salmon with Chinese greens dish

Chewbecca Fri 04-Sep-15 14:24:17

& Delia's pork stroganoff with 3 mustards, it needs doubling up (recipes serves 2) & we sometimes use pork,sometimes chicken

Chewbecca Fri 04-Sep-15 14:25:48

& my final suggestion is Nigella's prawns with linguine, chilli & rocket

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now