Talk

Advanced search

Soup!

(3 Posts)
PuckyMup Wed 19-Aug-15 21:17:01

Weather here has been foul recently and that combined with me wanting to add more veg to our meals has me here looking for soup inspiration as the old favourites are getting tired.
Please post your favourite recipe/s below

macnab Thu 20-Aug-15 13:50:47

I love good old creamy veg soup, where you just bung in whatever veg you have along with some stock and let it simmer then blend and stir in cream.

I also have a favourite tomato soup which I make with passata, onions, garlic, chicken stock and then diced onion, red pepper and carrot (so no blending) I add frozen sweetcorn and half a cup of rice too, and the end result is yummy - but I have to add a big spoon of sugar and lots of black pepper to really get the taste right.

Another soup I love is butternut squash & red pepper - I put a red pepper and a BNS on a baking tray, whole and roast for about an hour depending on the size of the bns. (I remove the pepper first as it cooks quicker obviously) Slice the bns in half and scoop out the seeds then scoop out all the flesh and put to one side. Skin the pepper and remove the seeds and chop it roughly.
In a big pot I saute diced carrot with a crushed garlic clove, then add 1ltr of stock (I use chicken but you could use veg stock) and add the bns flesh and the pepper. Let it cook for a bit and then blend. I also add lots of dried crushed red chillies because I like it spicy but its lovely without the chilli too.

I made this on Monday and have had it for my lunch the past couple of days. It is yum smile

PuckyMup Thu 20-Aug-15 17:33:07

Oooh that Butternut Squash and Red Pepper one sounds amazing!

Thanks for the ideas smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now