Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions for non sugary snacks for DS 7?

(8 Posts)
WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Mon 17-Aug-15 10:27:03

We've got into a very lazy habit of giving DS those kids dried fruit type snacks when we're out and about or for morning break at school.

With the new school year (we're in Scotland) I'd really like to have a supply of snacks for school that are less sugary! Happy to bake and freeze ahead - any suggestions?

Dancingqueen17 Mon 17-Aug-15 11:25:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dancingqueen17 Mon 17-Aug-15 11:28:00

QforCucumber Mon 17-Aug-15 11:30:01

olives and feta

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Mon 17-Aug-15 14:05:51

Thanks everyone. I'll get onto a batch of savoury muffins or scones later I think - the break time is quite short I think, so things that are quick and easy to eat one handed are perfect.

I've tried to bake flapjacks using various recipes but just can't get them right a I always end up having to chip the baking paper off!!

AdoraBell Mon 17-Aug-15 14:12:13

One of mine likes a pot of HM granola. I do 4 cups oats, 1cup chopped nuts and about 250/300ml of honey. Mix it all and bake. If his school allows nuts, obviously.

Also do a banana flapjack that uses very little butter or sugar because of the banana. It's from a blog called Penny's Recipes.

Dancingqueen17 Mon 17-Aug-15 18:26:30

Dancingqueen17 Mon 17-Aug-15 18:29:11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now