Talk

Advanced search

Drink ideas for kids.

(5 Posts)
PlanetDave01 Mon 10-Aug-15 16:09:59

Our Dd is 3 and has only ever been given water or milk to drink. We are thinking soon she might like to have something different or start asking to try things. Are there any juice/squashes or flavoured milk that aren't crazy high in sugar (she could already potentially have weaker teeth due to long term antibiotcis for most her life) so we do need to be careful with her sugar intake. It's not always possible to brush her teeth right after eg meal out or packed lunch etc. but would be nice for a treat every so often for her to have something different.

dontthinktwiceitsalright Mon 10-Aug-15 16:31:26

I give dd 2.3 pure apple juice which has been diluted with water . It's really only a wee bit of juice and mostly water , she loves it !

She will be unimpressed with me when she eventually gets her hands on real Apple juice grin

daisydalrymple Mon 10-Aug-15 18:08:07

As an aside op, cheese helps neutralise the acid, so I always pop a little babybel cheese in the dcs lunch boxes if they have juice in them...so if she's having juice/squash at home you could always end the meal with a cube of cheese? (And dentist told us not to clean teeth until 30-60 mins after eating as this can actually weaken them, if that helps )

jaaaayd Thu 13-Aug-15 20:40:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

justcallmethefixer Sat 15-Aug-15 21:08:09

Cooled fruit teas, prep in advance and keep in a jug in the fridge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now