Favourite no-bake cheesecake recipe?

(6 Posts)
CharleyDavidson Sun 09-Aug-15 20:21:54

I always make a cheesecake for a party each year and usually stick to my favourite Baileys cheesecake recipe from BBC food. It's no-bake recipe which suits me as a) I don't like the heavier texture of the baked ones and b) my sister tends to make a baked version so I like mine to be different.

I've experimented with the ingredients a bit from time to time. An oreo base works well - stays nice and crunchy but not too solid. I use one third low fat cheese to two thirds full fat as that lowers the cals without affecting the consistency noticeably.

I'd like to make it with whipping cream instead of double but don't know whether that would work or whether it would de-stabilise after a while (and I love my slice of leftover cheesecake the next day).

GlaceCherries Sun 09-Aug-15 20:42:11

My no bake cheesecake is made with digestive biscuits, held together with butter. Topped with mascarpone cheese, sweeten with as much sugar as you like. Decorate with halved strawberries and icing sugar. Really easy.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 09-Aug-15 20:43:12

Nigella Lawsons lemon cheesecake with ginger it base

CharleyDavidson Mon 10-Aug-15 11:59:14

Lemon and ginger sounds lovely.

changingagain Mon 10-Aug-15 12:02:46

www.philadelphia.co.uk/Recipes/Philly%20Mango%20Cheesecake?r=29537 is really really good, I think it's the white chocolate that makes it if you wanted to adapt it.

riverwell Mon 10-Aug-15 15:41:28

I've found this Mary Berry one to be good. So quick and easy to do. Btw I use digestives and normal cream cheese rather than ginger biscuits and mascarpone.

www.maryberry.co.uk/recipes/desserts/heavenly-lemon-cheesecake-on-a-ginger-crust

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now