Talk

Advanced search

Eggs dated 6th Aug

(9 Posts)
RCOR Fri 07-Aug-15 13:55:39

Just discovered a whole box of eggs bb 6th Aug. gutted. Hate wasting. Would you use for baking?? I've been caught before eating dodgy eggs. I did the float test so thought they were fine but I was really really sick later that day.

But maybe they are ok for baking???

BikeRunSki Fri 07-Aug-15 13:57:26

I'd use them

Crosbybeach Fri 07-Aug-15 14:15:21

I'd use them, do the float test, especially for baking. I don't think I'd use them for something like carbonara or anything uncooked.

fredabear Fri 07-Aug-15 14:19:27

Use them - crack them individually into a bowl first - you'll soon know if they're off but won't spoil the mixture

marmaladegranny Fri 07-Aug-15 14:23:58

They will be fine. I had best before 20th July eggs (scrambled) for lunch yesterday and I'm still here!

Back when I was younger, quite a while ago, food didn't have dates so you looked, smelt and if not obviously off you ate it….

bonzo77 Fri 07-Aug-15 14:25:36

They'll be absolutely fine. I eat eggs way older than that. But crack and sniff first if you're worried.

AliceInSandwichLand Fri 07-Aug-15 14:25:39

Unless eggs are visibly off they will be fine! We have chickens and they don't come with a bb date. Really, don't worry. The date is arbitrary, not graven in stone. I am currently eating eggs laid in June if they are still ok (had a bit of a glut then).

AliceInSandwichLand Fri 07-Aug-15 14:26:35

And yes, fredabear is right, break them one at a time into a different bowl. If they have whole yolks they are fine.

UrethraFranklin1 Fri 07-Aug-15 14:28:36

You can use them for another month at least. You can't accidentally eat a dodgy egg, they stink the place out when they are off. If the look ok and smell ok they are ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now