Talk

Advanced search

Toddler lunches?? Help?

(8 Posts)
RockinMumma Wed 05-Aug-15 14:08:36

Wondering what everyone gives their toddlers for lunch ?(3yo)

mumof2oneofeach Wed 05-Aug-15 14:12:56

Totally varies on where we are and how much time I have. Today was bresola, slice of bread, baked beans and chunks of apple - we'd been shopping and he was hungry so couldn't wait. Yesterday he had fish in cheese sauce, potatoes, carrot and broccoli - we had more time. Day before was picnic so ham sandwich, carrot batons and crisps.

Are you having food issues with toddler or just wanting ideas?

purpleaura Wed 05-Aug-15 14:14:44

My 2yo loves a ham and houmous wrap, rolled up, then chopped into bitesize pieces. Sweetcorn on the side. I wish I could say cucumber and tomatoes too but I have a protein addict! He's not interested in much else. Sometimes he gobbles up a cheese and sweetcorn omelette. Mm-mmm smile

mummypig3 Wed 05-Aug-15 14:25:50

Rice cakes with spreads or breadsticks with dips. Mine doesn't do bread confused Sometimes pancakes or omelette with grated veggies in because he just plays with them if they're on his plate hmm evening meals are lasagne, cottage pie and spag bol is favourite

slightlyconfused85 Thu 06-Aug-15 18:47:00

Sandwiches with ham/salami/cheese and cucumber on the side. Omelettes, scrambled or poached eggs with toast, smoked salmon if she's lucky!
Sweetcorn fritters. That's about it! Sometimes she has a hot meal for lunch in which case it's the usual pasta/spag b/fish pie/stews.

Betsyblue Thu 06-Aug-15 18:51:38

My son is going through a fussy phase but he will eat houmous with pitta bread to dip, cheese/ cheese and tomato on toast or English muffin pizzas fairly regularly. He usually has some sort of plain yogurt or fruit with it too.

I wish he would eat sandwiches, omelettes or pasta like he used to but he is currently refusing!

applecatchers36 Fri 07-Aug-15 07:10:42

My DD likes bread, humous, cheese, hot dog sausages cut up into small pieces, sometimes a boiled eggs with soldiers, sometimes pasta with cheese, always try to put a selection of veggies like cherry toms and cucumber but she usually ignores. She loves crisps. Will sometimes eat yoghurt & fruit.

LadyLuck81 Fri 07-Aug-15 07:19:27

It's summer so we're pretty much living on 'picky' lunches (picnics). Chopped pepper, cucumber and tomato. Breadstick, hummus, cheese, ham, corned beef, olives, fresh bread, salami etc etc. Eat as much as they like.

We sometime do pancakes with various fillings.

Omelette

Leftovers from dinner the night before.

Sandwiches and chopped veg

Fruit salad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now