Talk

Advanced search

where can i buy frozen baby corn?

(8 Posts)
imsorryiasked Thu 30-Jul-15 07:43:58

One of the (very few) veg that ds eats but fresh is so expensive. I used to be able to get it in asda and sainsbury. Has to be just the corn on its own not a mixed bag.
I've tried my nearest: aldi, asda, Iceland, sainsbury, tesco & waitrose but no luck.
Any suggestions pls?

woowoo22 Fri 31-Jul-15 20:35:53

Maybe m and s??

HappySunflower Fri 31-Jul-15 20:47:07

Morrisons!

MrsLeighHalfpenny Fri 31-Jul-15 22:42:45

Buy it fresh and freeze it.

redpriestandmozart Sat 01-Aug-15 19:34:44

I used to buy it in bulk in Asda when they had it but I haven't seen it in about a year. I have resorted to freezing fresh and haven't notice much difference. I find fresh goes a bit grey speckled if not used within a day or two so it goes into the freezer, pretty much like very thing else, I'm a bit a of a freezerholic smile

woowoo22 Sat 01-Aug-15 19:46:14

Any tips redpriest? Am turning into one too!

Planning making caramelised onions this week, freezing in ice cube trays. To go with the diced and sliced onions grin Do you freeze cheese/milk?

redpriestandmozart Sun 02-Aug-15 10:25:59

There is very little that doesn't get frozen in this house as I hate waste. Cheese is fine, wrap twice, milk is frozen just as it comes in 2 litres bottles it will swell a bit but won't burst, it takes quite a while to defrost.

Label everything and rotate smile

imsorryiasked Sun 02-Aug-15 14:36:07

Thanks will try Morrisons when I next pass one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now