Talk

Advanced search

Freezer Meals that don't taste meeh

(3 Posts)
Runnaway Sat 25-Jul-15 08:12:21

Have some time this summer and wanted to get ahead of myself and bank some freezer meals for a busy September. I use my slo cooker lots, but tend to find that when I feeze leftovers they always end up tasting a bit, well, tasteless after freezing or just sloppy!

Does anyone have any great meals which taste just as lovely after spending some time in a freezer? Thanks in advance!

siblingrevelryagain Sat 25-Jul-15 08:27:46

I'm in the bath so can't post full recipes at the moment, but I'll return later.

For starters, try googling Georgio locatelli's slow cooker ragu (amazing!), and 'cook yourself thin's' Stuffatina alla Romana.

In my experience things with lots of veg in don't freeze great or do well in slow cooker, so a chicken curry or pasta sauce with beef are good, but veggie curry etc not so much. So, for example, cook yourself thin have an amazing lamb and butternut squash tagine. If making for the freezer I substitute the squash for some dried apricots, and the squash doesn't seem to come out of thawing well.

Milkyway1304 Sat 25-Jul-15 08:40:41

BBC good food have lots of freezer friendly meals. Avoid garlic if freezing. I make a big chicken curry every few weeks and freeze a few portions, lamb tagine, chilli, bolognese etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now