Talk

Advanced search

I just bought some curly kale - what do I do with it!! (Roast chicken dinner)

(9 Posts)
WixingMords Wed 22-Jul-15 14:49:16

Is it like cabbage? Is it actually a cabbage?!!?

Im no living in my house at the moment so I'm getting everything needed for each dinner on a day to day basis. <---- pointless information.

I was in Lidl and wanted to up the vegetable count, there wasn't much in the way of variety so I got curly kale.

Please help!!

WixingMords Wed 22-Jul-15 14:50:50

(I have looked online but I'm just looking from a part of a chicken dinner point of view rather than as it's own dish)

TurnOverTheTv Wed 22-Jul-15 14:53:13

I stir fry mine with garlic butter

blessedenough Wed 22-Jul-15 14:57:10

Remove hard rib bits, slice finely. Fry in a little oil/chicken juice with garlic for about 2 mins, smoother with gravy, yum, drool!!
Or steam and coat in garlic butter and gravy. Garlic and gravy and make are a marriage made in heaven.

Or chorizo, kale and garlic. Bloody love the stuff

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Wed 22-Jul-15 15:31:02

I steam it for about 7 mins and then dress with red wine vinegar, a little olive oil and lots of salt and pepper. We have it with roast chicken and new potatoes pretty much every week.

4merlyknownasSHD Wed 22-Jul-15 16:14:32

I would not slice it too finely. It is nice to have stuff that you can actually pick up with a fork and chew!

WixingMords Wed 22-Jul-15 17:36:07

Thanks.

There seems to be quite a lot of it. Might be able to try all methods out!!!

PolterGoose Thu 23-Jul-15 09:02:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WixingMords Thu 23-Jul-15 09:09:23

I did the fry method for dinner. It was v nice. Whilst the chicken was in I put some in the over to bale it a la 'kale crisps' and it was even nicer

Still plenty left!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now