Talk

Advanced search

Help needed!

(5 Posts)
Whereisahappymedium Mon 20-Jul-15 19:35:20

Hello, I have recently met a lovely man. He is great in all ways, however he is from a country that eats pretty much just carbs (without being stereotypical!) I am wondering if there is some way to point out gently that perhaps I don't just want to eat carbs all the time, and perhaps introduce him to a vegetable or two? I can feel the weight piling on already and its only been two months! Any suggestions?

Clobbered Mon 20-Jul-15 19:36:31

Is he doing all the cooking then?

Whereisahappymedium Mon 20-Jul-15 19:39:03

Nope. I am pulling my weight (pardon the pun) but he works in a very physically demanding job whereas I dont... Just wondering if there is anyway to vary what we eat... Rather than just literally carbs carbs and more carbs... I can feel the extra weight, and I don't like it! Sorry, this sounds rather superficial in hindsight

whois Mon 20-Jul-15 20:40:10

Um, pretty simple.

You (or him) cook carbs + veg (and protein) and you take a small helping of the carbs and a large helping of the veg, and he takes a huge helping of the carbs and hardly any veg!

My DP eats shit loads of carbs - so he just takes loads more of the pasta/rice/bread than I do and we probably have about the same size protein and veg. Maybe he has a bit more veg and protein, but certainly not scaled up to the relative size of our carb intake.

Whereisahappymedium Mon 20-Jul-15 22:22:05

He is italian, if that helps we are having pizza again this Eve... It's far too late for
me to eat. Plus all the red wine.... But he won't be broken, and I think he thinks carrots have been bred exclusively as rabbit/horse fodder... Of which we have both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now