Talk

Advanced search

Dusting off my old juicer - need your tastiest juice recipes.

(10 Posts)
BeCarefulWithThat Wed 15-Jul-15 19:42:39

Looking to introduce more fruit and veg into my diet by making fresh juices. Particularly looking for recipes that use veggies, but all fruit ideas welcome too.

MountainDweller Wed 15-Jul-15 23:48:53

One of my faves is carrot, beetroot, cucumber, apple and ginger. Delicious!

dibdobs Thu 16-Jul-15 14:06:15

Bumping this as I bought a juicer today! MountainDweller do you just put one of each in the juicer please?

MountainDweller Fri 17-Jul-15 00:12:12

I use about a third to half of a cucumber, 2 apples, 3 large carrots, I medium beetroot and half an inch of ginger. Taste and add extra of anything if you think it needs it. This make one large glass. I peel beetroot as skin can be bitter, and also peel ginger but just wash the others. Halve the apples (no need to core them). If you want it less sweet, just use one apple.

dibdobs Fri 17-Jul-15 15:19:42

That's great thanks can't wait to try it

CoffeeAndOranges Fri 17-Jul-15 19:28:13

I like carrot, apple, ginger and lime. Just add as many of each as you have/to taste. It works well with carrot & orange too.

Green juices with spinach/kale, celery, cucumber, apples, lime and any other green stuff you can find (adding mint is nice too).

dibdobs Sat 18-Jul-15 10:12:27

Coffee that sounds good, I have all that. Couldn't get fresh beetroot in morrisons so can't try Mountains yet. If anyone wants a sweet juice this morning I used two golden delicious a handful of blueberries strawberries and raspberries it was lovely! Although I know I need to be have the veg in the juices, I've bought some spinach just got to brave it later!

BeCarefulWithThat Sat 18-Jul-15 18:56:05

A warning - peel citrus before juicing. I just wasted 3 oranges and a whole pineapple because the pith and skin of the oranges were the predominant flavours of the resulting juice. Bleurgh!

Greymalkin Sat 18-Jul-15 18:58:05

Carrot, Apple and mint is really lovely

BeCarefulWithThat Sat 25-Jul-15 19:20:46

Mmm I had that beetroot recipe today (substituted spinach for cucumber) and it was so tasty - my favourite yet. Couldn't find a fresh beetroot but one of those vacuum packed precooked ones worked fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now