Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for quick & easy canapes and nibbles ?

(9 Posts)
Lastminutelizzie Sat 11-Jul-15 21:42:19

Any ideas for canapes and nibbles which are more substantial than crisps etc ? For a special occassion but they need to be very quick and easy to russle up, as I'll be very short of time. All suggestions greatly appreciated.

EarthWindAnd9 Sat 11-Jul-15 22:49:59

Mini sausages? Drizzle a bit of honey over them (add mustard and/or chilli if you like) and warm in the oven.
Baked new potatoes (you could split and add a dollop of crime fraiche and a sprig of choice)

EarthWindAnd9 Sat 11-Jul-15 22:50:25

That was supposed to say sprig of chive

Rathalie Sat 11-Jul-15 22:56:11

Buy a bag of crostini from the supermarket (preferably chilli flavour), spread them with a little pesto, top with a slice of goats cheese.

PurpleDaisies Sat 11-Jul-15 22:56:11

Sliced baguette (maybe drizzled with olive oil and baked until crunchy) topped with pesto, roasted peppers (from a jar for speed) and pine nuts. Or whatever toppings you like. Puff pastry works well as a base too and ready rolled is super quick to use.

PurpleDaisies Sat 11-Jul-15 22:57:05

We obviously have similar taste Rathalie! Cross posted with you.

Dancingqueen17 Sun 12-Jul-15 20:26:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WorkingBling Mon 13-Jul-15 14:46:32

Agree with the overall view that crostinis work well. I like to spread mine with chicken liver pate (good quality one bought or made by me in advance) with a slice of pickle. But coats cheese and pesto work well too.

Padron peppers are in season - fry in a little olive oil until starting to blacken and collapse, sprinkle with salt and serve. Super easy (takes about 1 minute to cook) and delicious. If you want to carry on the Spanish theme, fry some chunks of chorizo separately and serve those with crusty bread.

DXBMermaid Mon 13-Jul-15 14:59:48

Make little chiccory boats. Fill the leaves with tuna mixed with phillly, spring onion and diced apple.

Microwave some chopped frozen spinach with a couple cloves of garlic for about 3 min. Make sure you get rid of any excess water. Mash the garlic cloves through the spinach and add labneh (or philly). Add tumeric and a pinch of all spice. Add some raisins. Great with crudites, chips or with pita bread.

Mini meatballs are always popular here. I like adding some feta, onion and mint to mine.

Little chicken drumsticks, marinated in bbq sauce and cooked in the oven.

Take two layers of puff pastry, smear with mustard, add cheese, ham, sliced onion and more cheese. Top with second layer of pastry. Bake in oven and slice into triangles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now