Talk

Advanced search

Leftover chicken recipe please

(8 Posts)
gointothewoods Sat 11-Jul-15 10:53:10

I have a ton of leftover chicken meat, a bag of spinach, 2 packs of tomatoes, a couple of peppers, mushrooms. All need to be used up this weekend.
I can freeze the chicken but looking for ideas. Don't have enough eggs to do a big frittata, although I suppose I could just go to the shop and buy some!

Any other ideas?
Ideally something I could freeze for another time. I tend to batch cook and freeze a lot. Am just out of ideas today!

cdtaylornats Sat 11-Jul-15 11:59:27

I like Spanish Chicken Pie on the BBC Good Food website.

thenumberseven Sat 11-Jul-15 18:59:43

Make crepes.
Make cheese sauce.
Boil spinach and drain thoroughly. Saute in a little oil or butter. Season.
Cook very finely chopped onion and garlic in a little oil or butter, when done add mushrooms until any liquid evaporates. Add salt and pepper
Mix spinach, mushrooms and diced left over chicken.
Add a little of the cheese sauce to help bind together.
Fill crepes with the mixture and roll up. Place rolls side by side on baking dish.
Spoon cheese sauce over each rolled up crepe and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Before serving cook in oven until cheese is melted

annandale Sat 11-Jul-15 19:00:42

Buy some tortillas, make fajitas.

thenumberseven Sat 11-Jul-15 19:10:37

Cook sliverd onion in a little oil, after a couple of minutes add garlic, add peppers cut into strips and cook until peppers are almost done. Add diced tomatoes, salt & pepper,oregano and if you like a few drops of balsamic vinegar. Cook until done more or less to taste. If you have it add roughly chopped basil. Serve warm

thenumberseven Sat 11-Jul-15 19:12:39

Fajitas is a good idea so is chicken mushroom pie with mashed potato or pastry topping

MaudeTheMopLady Sat 11-Jul-15 19:42:17

I am making chicken and leek pie tomorrow with my left over chicken. Why not make a chicken pie with mushrooms and peppers and serve with garlic sauté spinach and roast tomatoes.

Sausages123 Sat 11-Jul-15 19:46:21

Tin of coconut milk, 1/2 pint veg stock, 200g rice in over proof dish with lid in oven for 30 mins or so last 10 mins add shredded chicken and any random veg and a little chilli if you have some

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now