Talk

Advanced search

Should I get a toastie maker or something else?

(10 Posts)
Pico2 Thu 09-Jul-15 13:19:28

We have a standard toastie maker which I appear to have overzealously cleaned so that things now get stuck. I like toasties with fillings that do tend to stick or leak out - tomatoes, chutney and an egg cracked in are the main culprits.

Should I just get a new toasty maker or are the alternatives e.g. a grill, panini press or multi function thing better?

knittingdad Thu 09-Jul-15 17:33:57

My other half has taught me to simply fry in butter in a frying pan for the same effect (but with extra butter). I would imagine this would be a lot easier to clean.

Pico2 Thu 09-Jul-15 17:41:29

I currently use spray oil for toasties. Butter sounds delicious, but I don't want to add calories.

mistymeanour Thu 09-Jul-15 17:44:23

I recently bought a toastie, pannini press things with two big plates thinking it would be awesome but it is sitting gathering dust, kids prefer to use the standard toaster with toaster bags for cheese toasties or the big frying pan for other types. Think if you really need it.

FairyPenguin Thu 09-Jul-15 17:44:32

We replaced ours with a panini press-type thing. It is soooo much easier to clean.

Ausflug Thu 09-Jul-15 17:47:52

I use a George Foreman grill for toasties. I don't add any extra oil at all, and it works fine, never sticks, and is pretty easy to clean.
And you can use it for other stuff as well, I like cooking sausages and grilling peppers in mine. Takes up more space than a frying pan would though.

SusannahD Thu 09-Jul-15 17:48:01

I make toaties in a George Forman grill, they are much quicker than any toastie maker

sebsmummy1 Thu 09-Jul-15 17:50:48

We also use the George Foreman grill for toasties.

cdtaylornats Thu 09-Jul-15 20:47:59

Me too, the Foreman grill is excellent for toasties.

Pico2 Thu 09-Jul-15 21:23:28

Thanks everyone. I've ordered a George Forman grill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now