Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

July cookery book club: cocktails and canapés

(10 Posts)
glorious Thu 09-Jul-15 11:07:14

Roll up, roll up for July's cookery book club. Each month we pick a couple of books (or in this case a theme!) and each try some new recipes and share our thoughts.

This month any cocktail, mocktail or canapé recipe is fair game.

New members welcome smile

HuevosRancheros Thu 09-Jul-15 16:39:33

I'm in, but not really got any inspiration yet, will watch with interest to see what people do smile

HuevosRancheros Thu 09-Jul-15 16:39:58

PS hope you're feeling better smile

BrassicaBabe Thu 09-Jul-15 21:15:57

Oooh I've got a fab canapé book. I love a bit of ponch at a party grin. I'll dig out the name shortly.

(I'm still sleeping with Made In India under my pillow!grin)

HeadDreamer Thu 09-Jul-15 21:53:47

As long as it's not the pineapple cooler in delia's summer grin

That one is a shocker.

pregnantpause Fri 10-Jul-15 11:18:20

Lorraine pascals strawberry mojitos are the reason in mn in the middle of day instead of working.

They were beautiful though- like the taste of summer.

Will try a few canapés this evening. Either Lorraine or nigella.

Cantdothisagain Fri 10-Jul-15 19:28:28

I am woefully ill prepared for cocktails. Been browsing Forever Summer but am lacking lots of key ingredients! Other than for Pimms and Sangria, which seem a bit too obvious....

ScienceRocks Sat 11-Jul-15 08:15:52

Found you!

glorious Sat 11-Jul-15 11:18:03

What about something simple like a gin fizz, can't ?

I love a mojito. Hopefully I'll feel like drinking again by the end of the month.

In the meantime I'm planning some mocktails. A volunteer (involving tonic and lime) , a bandrek (milky spicy thing en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandrek probably stretching the definition of mocktail but it's in my cocktail book) and a licuado de melon (watermelon and lime).

Canapés to follow.

glorious Sun 12-Jul-15 21:59:19

My volunteer was quite good. Tonic, lime cordial (fresh would've been better) and bitters. Next time I'd use less bitters. It was also a bit sugary in quantity, though not sweet tasting really with the tonic and bitters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now