Talk

Advanced search

Left over baby rice -any ideas?

(6 Posts)
milknosugar1987 Tue 07-Jul-15 10:10:13

Hello, my daughter is eating a decent range of solid, a mix of mashed foods (fish pie, spag bol) and finger foods (toast, fruit) the usual really! i have an almost full box of baby rice leftover, and would like to use it up in some way, hate to waste it. Has anyone used baby rice to make something else? Any finger foods or main meal recipes appreciated! or just an idea that you think might work! wink

ShoutyMom Tue 07-Jul-15 15:06:16

Rice pudding?
Or maybe you could try and substitute for rice flour in recipes, like this one. I've never tried it though.
Or add couple of spoonfuls to homemade granola bars, or add couple of spoons to your own bowl of cereal.
I've never tried any of these though!

ShoutyMom Tue 07-Jul-15 15:08:18

I've reeeeally never tried any of these, can you tell I'm anxious to stress the point grin

enifing Sun 12-Jul-15 14:47:07

I used to mix it in with whatever I made. It's just rice, so it goes equally well in a savoury sauce as in pureed fruit. She may well still like it plain with milk, as rice pudding.

enifing Sun 12-Jul-15 14:49:00

It also thickens runny sauces nicely so that there's less mess when she's feeding herself!

Plateofcrumbs Mon 13-Jul-15 12:04:03

Definitely worth hanging onto for thickening purposes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now