Talk

Advanced search

What to have with ravioli?

(14 Posts)
BlueBananas Mon 06-Jul-15 21:19:24

I've only ever really known ravioli to be served as a starter, but would like to eat it at home too
What do you serve with it though? Or is it a meal in itself? But I think just a bowl of ravioli would be a bit boring wouldn't it?
Would love some ideas smile

AwfulBeryl Mon 06-Jul-15 21:22:00

Salad usually, or if we haven't got that much and I want to stretch it out a bit I will add some crusty bread.

JustinsBrother Mon 06-Jul-15 21:26:18

Toast.

Oh..... Did you mean the posh stuff rather than the tinned stuff? grin

GoulashSoup Mon 06-Jul-15 21:30:21

Salad, garlic bread. Mix through spinach or asparagus etc to make it more of a meal.

FusionChefGeoff Mon 06-Jul-15 21:31:37

I'd add a load of veg - peppers, onions, courgettes etc.

Never understood salad with hot, sloppy food!

BlueBananas Mon 06-Jul-15 21:55:26

Ok salad & crusty bread sounds like the general way to go!
I like the idea of adding some extra veg to make it more mealy too
FusionChef I thought that too at first, but then I suppose it's only like having salad with lasagne which is pretty normal, so will probably be ok I reckon
Thanks all grin

BlueBananas Mon 06-Jul-15 21:56:20

JustinsBrother I used to eat tinned ravioli cold out of the tin envy disgusting child that I was!

Methe Mon 06-Jul-15 21:58:36

I'd have a rocket salad with pine nuts and very finely sliced red onion, some. Crusty bread with proper salty butter and a big glass of red wine!

Yum!

ObiWanCannoli Mon 06-Jul-15 22:05:20

I've had that tonight for supper I just usually add a bit of truffle oil, pepper and a load of parmasan cheese.

Usually have a quick salad before I cook the pasta.

Kleptronic Mon 06-Jul-15 22:09:35

Pfft. Truffle oil. For supper. You're reet posh Cannelloni! grin

Kleptronic Mon 06-Jul-15 22:10:01

Arrgh. Cannoli. Sorry grin

BlueBananas Mon 06-Jul-15 22:50:44

Ooo Methe that sounds delicious! Pregnant though so have to substitute the wine for a lemon fanta...doesn't have the same affect somehow does it?!

ObiWanCannoli Mon 06-Jul-15 23:00:41

It was Aldis I think it was about £2.00 or less it's rapeseed oil. Scottish too or the oil is.

Then dh bought the same brand when he came home from the airport he nipped into Aldi to buy the special offer trainers for work.

So happily I have another bottle. Only use it for filled pasta and maybe salad.

ObiWanCannoli Mon 06-Jul-15 23:04:35

Rabbiting should get to the point, check Aldi every now and then if your in Scotland not sure they have it in England as I know the offers differ.

I'm not posh would love to buy more fine food grin

Waffling again, watched a documentary on posh food I'm sure it was Chanel 4 and they had a truffle dealer 'twas very interesting those fungus, are they fungus? Are very expensive. If I was a truffle dealer I could certainly afford some posh nosh grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now