Talk

Advanced search

Lunch for 6

(5 Posts)
GetHappy Wed 01-Jul-15 20:40:59

I am having people round for lunch on Saturday. nothing too fancy but stuck for ideas. ideally would like stuff i could prep thr night before as DS has s birthday party in the morning.

was thinking of getting a couple of quiches, salad but want something else to go with any ideas?

petitdonkey Wed 01-Jul-15 20:42:35

I have a lovely 'Spanish Chicken' recipe that is easy to prepare and really tasty just with a green salad, maybe a spanish omelette if you feel like it.

GetHappy Wed 01-Jul-15 21:32:24

Thanks but forgot to add 2 veggie ;-(
sounds nice though so if you could send me recipe I might do it for DH and I one night please

thanks

petitdonkey Wed 01-Jul-15 22:11:41

Spanish Chicken with Multi-coloured Peppers

Prepare: 15 minutes
Cook 1 hour 15 minutes

Serves 6

6 chicken thighs
6 chicken drumsticks
2 tbsp olive oil
70g cubetti di pancetta
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
200g pack mixed Romano peppers (or any peppers, red, yellow or orange), deseeded and sliced
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 bay leaf
Leaves from 2 sprigs fresh thyme
150ml dry white wine
Chopped parsley for garnishing

Pre-heat the oven to 190C, gas mark 5
Season all the chicken pieces
Heat the oil in a flame-proof casserole dish and cook the chicken on all sides until golden (I grilled the chicken as a low-fat alternative!)
Drain on kitchen paper
Add the pancetta to the pan and cook for 1 minute, then add the onion, garlic and peppers
Stir over a medium heat for minutes until starting to brown
Then add the tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme, wine and seasoning to the pan
Return the chicken pieces to the pan and bring to the boil
Cover and transfer to the oven for an hour or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly with no pink meat
Serve with new potatoes and watercress salad (I served with boiled rice and steamed broccoli)

petitdonkey Wed 01-Jul-15 22:18:52

Id stick with quiche and just make your salad really lovely - maybe roasted butternut squash, avocado and feta with toasted pine nuts. Some new potatoes or parmentier and that's a lovely lunch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now