A nice salad to go with roast chicken

(8 Posts)
Hottypotty Mon 29-Jun-15 21:26:57

Have friends coming for dinner and was going to just roast a couple of chickens and serve with crusty bread, new potatoes and salad.
But what salad? My usual green salads involve opening a bag or, if I'm really pushing the boat out, 2 bags!

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 29-Jun-15 21:30:49

I do steamed veg, asparagus, mange tout, green beans, courgettes but any will do and then dress them in a mustardy vinaigrette, 100 mls oil, 2 tbsps Dijon mustard, 2 tbsps red wine vinegar and some crushed garlic. Serve at room temperature

patterkiller Mon 29-Jun-15 21:51:30

Cucumber, peas and mint. Bbc website has a lovely recipe.

Hottypotty Mon 29-Jun-15 21:52:54

That sounds lovely. DH (usually not at all fussy) doesn't like courgettes or asparagus but I wonder if he might change his mind if they were served like that?

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 29-Jun-15 21:54:39

You can swap the veg, in the past have done baby leeks, sugar snap peas, just three or four

Hottypotty Mon 29-Jun-15 21:55:29

Ooh-pea and cucumber one looks super easy-thanks! And dh loves pea and mint so it may mitigate the courgette and asparagus one if I do both grin

PeacesOfAte Mon 29-Jun-15 22:05:57

I really like a Greek salad with roast chicken, in fact that might be tomorrow's dinner, mmmm....

BeautifulBatman Tue 30-Jun-15 09:46:03

Caesar salad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now