Talk

Advanced search

Chicken crumble

(12 Posts)
PotteringAlong Mon 29-Jun-15 16:34:56

Years ago I used to work in a school where this was a staple and was gorgeous. I want to try and make it - has anyone got any tried and tested recipes?

Dancingqueen17 Mon 29-Jun-15 16:45:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PotteringAlong Mon 29-Jun-15 17:38:47

If I remember rightly it had an almost stuffing like mix on top - do you reckon I could me a crumble topping and use stuffing mix instead of sugar?

Dancingqueen17 Mon 29-Jun-15 17:45:52

PotteringAlong Mon 29-Jun-15 17:55:54

I did mean like paxo stuff, but cheese might work better! I've done a roast chicken tonight and got plenty left over so tomorrow might be experiment night! grin

Dancingqueen17 Mon 29-Jun-15 20:59:46

Selks Mon 29-Jun-15 21:23:34

Sounds tasty.
I'd do something like - bottom filling quite saucy with chunks of chicken in a musroom/ tarragon/ white sauce, topped with an oaty crumble mix with some paxo mixed in...
Might give that a go!

PotteringAlong Mon 29-Jun-15 22:18:08

I've been shopping! Going to do chicken and leeks (and whatever left over veg is around) in white sauce with the topping like selks says - the crumble topping from the good food recipe with a bit of stuffing thrown in for good measure. I'll report back! smile

PotteringAlong Tue 30-Jun-15 17:48:10

It's too hot! I'm postponing... smile

TheBobbinIsWound Tue 30-Jun-15 17:57:07

Sounds amazing!
Can you share your recipe when you're successful please? and then come here and make me one and then freeze it on lolly sticks so I can eat it like a lolly please?

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 30-Jun-15 17:59:23

This sounds delicious and a great way of using up leftover chicken, I'm going to have a go.

PurpleDaisies Tue 30-Jun-15 18:01:25

I used to make a vegetable version but haven't done in years...I'm definitely digging out my recipe. Haven't heard of a chicken version but sounds delicious. I am watching keenly for your report on his it went!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now