Talk

Advanced search

Left over beef ideas....

(12 Posts)
GetHappy Sun 28-Jun-15 15:27:13

After cooking a roast beef dinner for the extended family. There is loads left for DH and I to use for dinner tomorrow.

I need ideas of what to do with it. any help would be nicegrin

bettysviolin Sun 28-Jun-15 19:16:23

We usually do a stir fry, cutting thin strips of beef and adding them to matchstick chopped carrots. courgettes, spring onions and peppers with ginger, garlic soy etc, on noodles or rice.

Or cold beef with chunky chips and salad - DH's favourite.

Sometimes I cut it into cubes and make a quick casserole with wine, shallots, mushrooms etc, served with rice or mash and steamed veg.

HelenF350 Sun 28-Jun-15 19:56:47

Cold in a salad with mustard Mayo, or Scottish 'stovies' made with gravy, beef, potatoes and onion.

ICantDecideOnAUsername Sun 28-Jun-15 20:00:25

I dice it really fine and use in place of mince, it makes a lovely shepherd's pie. You can whack in leftover gravy and veg too.

But pretty much anything that needs beef, just no need to cook again.

MustTidyUpMustTidyUp Sun 28-Jun-15 20:03:59

Beef enchiladas. (Not really but that's what we call them) fry onion grate carrot in add diced beef cook a while. Season with one of those old El paso fajita seasonings or similar. Chopped mushrooms if you like or grated courgette. Cook a bit. Roll in wraps put in dish cover with jar of salsa and sprinkle cheese. Can be made in advance. Cook 200 for about 20 mins. Serve with sour cream. Equally delish with left over roast chicken.

MustTidyUpMustTidyUp Sun 28-Jun-15 20:04:45

Or dice and fry up with garlic and fresh ginger and use in stir fry with rice or noodles.

NoParking Sun 28-Jun-15 20:06:22

There's a lovely leftover beef recipe for cannelloni on the Sainsburys website.

Allalonenow Sun 28-Jun-15 20:08:27

Cottage pie, or if there is some leftover gravy Cornish pasties made with shortcrust pastry.

mrspremise Sun 28-Jun-15 20:18:53

I cook a chopped onion and mix it with the minced-up roast beef, then cook it in a double crust pie, using any leftover gravy to moisten the filling and then to douse the pie upon serving

GetHappy Sun 28-Jun-15 20:45:10

Thanks all ... all gread ideas unsure which one to choose

cdtaylornats Sun 28-Jun-15 20:52:51

Salad in Summer, Stovies in Winter

TyneTeas Sun 28-Jun-15 21:41:35

I use leftover gravy as the liquid for a curry sauce to go with leftover roast meat - just fry an onion, add some curry powder and the gravy : )

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/leftover-roast-meat-curry.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now