Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used Muscle food?

(13 Posts)

Someone has just shared a link to them on Facebook and the new member pack looks great value at £75 but I'd be interested to hear what the quality is like?

DanaBarrett Tue 23-Jun-15 20:04:30

We order from them every month. The meat is lovely, really tasty and good quality but low fat. I especially like the smoked mackerel, and the hache steaks ��

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake Tue 23-Jun-15 20:13:36

I had my first order last week, the chicken is good. Tastes just the same as chicken from the butchers and doesn't really shrink much. The beef mince is better than the mince from my butcher

Thank you, think I'm going to give them a try smile

whois Sat 27-Jun-15 12:02:43

Chicken is not free range and is from Latvia or similar European country which has much lower welfare standards. Up to you if that bothers you.

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 27-Jun-15 12:04:45

I haven't yet but keep meaning to as few of my friends have and rate them.

HelenF350 Sat 27-Jun-15 12:15:34

I ordered a couple of weeks ago. I've only used the meatballs, chicken breasts and diced beef but the quality is very good and fat content low. I'll be ordering regularly. Far superior to supermarket meat.

Thanks all, going to order the starter pack and see what we think smile

meglet Sat 27-Jun-15 23:43:00

whois yes. I dread to think what chemicals and hormones are in it.

Do you have a link for the welfare issue? The website states all meat is from farms where welfare standards are met but I can't find anything more than that. Thanks.

Nameforsexboard Sun 28-Jun-15 00:02:13

We did as I mistakenly thought it was free range and British!

The chicken breasts are huge, but yes from Europe.

whois Mon 29-Jun-15 19:31:48

'reared on farms where animal welfare standards are me'

What country? What welfare standards? Certainly not free range. Certainly not the relatively high UK welfare standards.

If it's hard to find the info on the website, probably because they come from European countries with crapy welfare standards.

I'm not passing judgement - just that MF market 'good quality' but gloss over the origin/welfare.

kevincharley Sun 23-Jul-17 22:26:02

I found their products tasteless & tough. The delivery was so badly packed the chicken breasts were body temperature & it took over a month for them to be replaced.
Very unimpressed & won’t be using the company again no matter how often they send me marketing material or promise to give me freebies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now