Talk

Advanced search

Ovenproof casserole dish recommendations plz

(7 Posts)
morchoxplz Wed 17-Jun-15 22:02:19

Needs to be dishwasher safe anf go from gas hob to oven without falling apart....

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Wed 17-Jun-15 22:04:43

for hob to oven I use Le Creuset but I've had mine for decades & I know they're terribly expensive now

there are cheaper alternatives though

reallybadidea Wed 17-Jun-15 22:05:02

Let crueset or Chasseur. Expensive but a real investment piece.

4merlyknownasSHD Thu 18-Jun-15 08:46:41

Also Berndes, AMT Gastroguss, and Staub are other possibilities (although Staub are frightfully expensive). We have a Gastroguss which is wearing a bit thin on the non-stick coating, but we use it three or four times a week and have had it for 8 years (and my wife has abused it).

TheFallenMadonna Thu 18-Jun-15 09:06:56

I have a Denby one which is fab. V easy to clean. Easier than my one Le Creuset that DH picked up at the tip! Denby ones still ruinously expensive I think, but more likely to be in sales.

Dollyemi Thu 18-Jun-15 09:11:59

We've got le creusset (bought from home sense, so much cheaper than anywhere else) but have a really good cast iron one by Pyrex.

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Thu 18-Jun-15 12:43:12

Ooh, thanks for the heads-up on Homesense, Dolly! There's one quite near me & there's a Waitrose on the same park (I'm up north so they're few & far between) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now