Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a recipe for oven baked sliced aubergine/tomato Turkish dish (Patlican Tava?)

(4 Posts)
ScandiS Wed 17-Jun-15 11:28:03

Well pretty much what it says above..... At our local Turkish restaurant we often have a mezze dish which I think is called Patlican Tava, but googling it brings up a completely different recipe. It's oven baked sliced aubergine with crushed tomatoes and spices (?) no cheese. Any ideas?

I am not sure how to cook aubergine/eggplant in a nice tasty way but would like to give it a go as need it for a side dish for something I'm cooking this Saturday.

lastqueenofscotland Wed 17-Jun-15 12:04:32

Imam byaldi I think is what you are looking for! smile

ScandiS Wed 17-Jun-15 12:26:21

Thank you. That sounds delicious, but not it.

sashh Thu 18-Jun-15 08:09:15

Not Turkish and not what you are wanting but here's something I make, you could try adding spices to it until you get something more like you are wanting

1 aubergine
2 mushrooms, 2 spring onions chopped
1/2 tub cream cheese
salt pepper and paprika
1/2 packet/jar of passata
olive oil
breadcrumbs and or grated cheese

slice the aubergine thinly, put on a greased oven tray in the oven for 10 mins, turn and leave for 10 more.

Cooke the spring onion and mushroom in a little oil then add to the cram cheese and mix

take the aubergine slices out of the oven (I actually leave it to go cold) put a spoon full of the cream cheese mix on each slice of the aubergine and roll up.

Place the rolled aubergine in an oven proof dish, cover with passata and the breadcrumbs, bake for 15 mins.

My Greek and Turkish cook book has just Tavas which is baked beef an potatoes and Patlican Karni Yarik which is stuffed aubergine, I'm guessing patlican is aubergine so it might just be 'baked aubergine'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now