Talk

Advanced search

What would you make with half a tin of pineapple pieces,

(11 Posts)
mumtoblaire Sat 13-Jun-15 17:33:26

I have half a tin of pineapple pieces, 10 ripe bananas and plenty of time. What can i make? Ideas please as really hate throwing out bananas.

TIA

notsogoldenoldie Sat 13-Jun-15 17:36:09

That's a lotta bananas! I'd make banana bread out of those, and have it with butter followed by pineapple pieces with cheese (starving now..)

missymoomoomoo Sat 13-Jun-15 17:36:32

Look up Jamie Oliver's hummingbird cake. You might have less pineapple than the recipe asks for but it might still work. And it's absolutely delicious!

imsorryiasked Sat 13-Jun-15 17:39:52

Some carrot cake recipes have lots of bananas and pineapple in.
Banana fritters with the rest.

spillyobeans Sat 13-Jun-15 17:41:05

Bananas- obvious banana cake/loaf, or some pancakes with chopped bananas on top with honey...yum! Or a banana milkshake?

Pineapple - my favourite thing is homemade fried rice with cashew nuts, egg, peas and pineapple!

Add it to a curry

Put it on top of a pizza with olives (best combo ever)

Or just make a banana loaf/pineapple upside down cake hybrid!

Athenaviolet Sat 13-Jun-15 17:44:00

I'd just snack on the pineapple. I love a bowl of it.

Bananas I'd either freeze or make banana cake/bread with.

mumtoblaire Sat 13-Jun-15 18:19:32

I had the other half tin on pizza for dinnergrin, love pineapple on pizza with lots of peppers.

Was wondering about combining them for a magical cake/loafhmm. Going to check my A girl called jack books, think she may have something cakey with pineapples.

Have lots of bananas because DM went on holiday and said use up the fruit please, i had just been shopping. Got 5 pears ripening at the moment then need to find something to do with them. The kids are not big fruit eaters and I need to be in the mood.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

MrsEvadneCake Sat 13-Jun-15 18:20:58

Freeze banana and pineapple. Whiz together with coconut milk. Hey presto ice cream.

Waswondering Sat 13-Jun-15 18:21:16

Peel and freeze any spare bananas. Add some milk and blitz into milkshake ...

mumtoblaire Sat 13-Jun-15 20:46:10

Have made banana bread with 6 of the bananas and will freeze the rest for another loaf in a couple of days or banana pancakes. Have made overnight oats and will have the pineapple with that in the morning.

spillyobeans Sat 13-Jun-15 21:09:47

I didnt even know you could freeze bananas! Revelation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now