Talk

Advanced search

Snack ideas for 1 and 5 year old

(3 Posts)
Florencemay0000 Mon 08-Jun-15 20:06:23

I am really stuck for snack ideas for my one year old and give year old. Main meals consist of:
Breakfast: slice of toast with dairy free chocolate spread
Lunch: finger roll with ham, veg crudités, a few crisps, piece of fruit
Dinner: a family meal like spag Bol etc and jelly for pudding

Youngest is dairy free.

TeacupTravels Mon 08-Jun-15 20:10:17

My 6 year old would eat more than that at mealtimes5- she'd have a bowl of porridge or 2 slices of toast. She has school dinners but would have a bit more than that in her packed lunch when she had them - often a homemade cake or biscuit or muffin.

What snacks do you have at the moment? We have a piece of fruit in the morning (at home or school) and in the afternoon usually a crumpet/gingerbread man/ 2 cookies/ some cheddars/ sometimes hummous/guacamole and breadsticks/ flapjack/ savoury muffin....

Florencemay0000 Mon 08-Jun-15 20:16:40

At the moment the one year old has lots of fruit in the morning and the five year old has nothing, the school offer a small piece of seasonal fruit at break time but she always refuses it. After school they currently raid the biscuit tin! Oldest is always complaining of hunger I offer her fruit but she refuses and just asks for toast all the time which I am reluctant to give too much bread as she suffers from constipation. After school she will munch through about 8 fig rolls which is not good!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now