Talk

Advanced search

Muscle Food

(20 Posts)
HelenF350 Mon 08-Jun-15 18:58:32

Just placed my first order using a code from Facebook. Seems very cheap and reviews are good. Has anyone used them before?

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 11-Jun-15 20:38:56

Never heard of them.

Davinaaddict Thu 11-Jun-15 20:49:28

I've used them - in fact got my second delivery from them today. The meat is really nice and good quality. Best to wait for the deals though, as otherwise it can be expensive

PiggyBeekman Thu 11-Jun-15 21:04:07

Yes. Their chicken breasts are the nicest, plumpest ones you'll ever eat. We buy them by the box load and freeze.
The rest of the meat is good too, there are always offer codes floating about if you google, usually for a free product. Customer service fine, never had any problems.

HelenF350 Thu 11-Jun-15 23:39:12

My order is due tomorrow. I'm quite excited now grin

goodasitgets Thu 11-Jun-15 23:42:04

Got my first order this week using a discount code from protein discount card. Not tried anything yet but definitely good value

HelenF350 Fri 12-Jun-15 14:10:30

Order just delivered. Good looks very good quality, especially the chicken. Very pleased.

lowcarbitis Fri 12-Jun-15 14:48:42

im a bit put off by just how much choice they offer - but confused about how they can offer so much range of different produce without it being wholesale/import/dropshipped/not ethically source as claimed

any thoughts?

TeacupTravels Fri 12-Jun-15 17:40:29

I Was just about to post this thread! I;ve got my first order. A LOT of meat - I guess its the bulk buying that makes it cheap. The whole chicken was nice. I've divided the billions of chicken breasts into packs of 2 as they will easily do us 2 and 2 smalls in a meal. They are much bigger fillets than supermarket ones but I havent worked out a price comparison,

I do wonder if they are UK/ free range though.....

swooosh Fri 12-Jun-15 17:46:02

The bulk buying makes it so cheap and the quality is great. Been using them a while and really cut the bills down.

I have a code for 4 free chicken breasts or other deals which you can pick from. It's: DF90124

lowcarbitis Fri 12-Jun-15 18:32:47

hmm i wonder if some of these posts are genuine or stealth-marketing :S

TeacupTravels Fri 12-Jun-15 18:37:11

Mine's genuine - was tempted into it by a facebook group and the chicken breasts really are good.... BUT wondering where its all from!!

TeacupTravels Fri 12-Jun-15 19:00:50

Just found it on the website. The chicken breasts are "100% EU" from Lithuania..... I can't see anything about the welfare/free range so presumably not!

All the ads for their muscle powders are offputting too. I know ultimately its a business but I guess their market is really the gyms/muscle builders whereas I was just looking for quality meat a bit cheaper!

goodasitgets Fri 12-Jun-15 19:07:37

Mine is genuine, I'm a gym addict and DP is a foodie grin

TeacupTravels Fri 12-Jun-15 19:13:54

If he's a foodie does where it comes from/free range /all that not worry him?

HelenF350 Fri 12-Jun-15 23:33:29

Mine is genuine. I just wanted to see if anyone else liked the food as had a bit of a panic that it might be crap after I ordered it!

goodasitgets Fri 12-Jun-15 23:36:12

Nope. I mean sure he likes good food and meals out but we are on a budget so it's do what we can. Eggs aren't negotiable, always free range
I prefer to buy free range chicken but the money doesn't always allow

goodasitgets Fri 12-Jun-15 23:36:50

Plus even if we eat at a restaurant, there's nothing to say that's all ethically sourced

swooosh Sat 13-Jun-15 13:21:54

I'm genuine. Long time MN and gym bunny!

PiggyBeekman Sat 13-Jun-15 23:23:59

Genuine! I hardly joined MN 6 years ago to bide my time until I could recommend chicken grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now