Talk

Advanced search

How do you make a fat free vinaigrette?

(8 Posts)
PlayingHouse Thu 04-Jun-15 21:09:24

I joined Slimming world today and am looking for a way to dress salads that won't cost syns.

All I can find on the SW website is the words 'fat free vinaigrette' - which is what?

Every dressing I make contains oil so I'm cluess ...

Jenda Thu 04-Jun-15 21:14:14

I think the people who make low cal oil spray do a dressing too. I use balsamic vinegar a lot too. Not fat free but a little bit of oil and lemon juice with mustard etc wouldn't hurt

PlayingHouse Thu 04-Jun-15 21:24:09

Thanks Jenda. I was wondering how a little oil could hurt?

Are you on SW?

squizita Fri 05-Jun-15 10:32:15

A light balsamic vinegar works well on its own I've found. Or season/add balsamic to fat free yoghurt or qwark for a creamy texture.

Jenda Fri 05-Jun-15 17:14:29

Ooh yoghurt is a good idea. I'm not on Sw but about to start!

Threeplus1 Fri 05-Jun-15 17:19:15

I don't know if it's against the SW rules as I haven't ever used them, but most greens and veggies are best eaten with a little fat. It makes the vitamins and minerals more bio available for the body (more readily absorbed)
Instead of avoiding it altogether, choose healthy days like olive/avocado/sesame oil with balsamic or apple cider vinegar and whatever herbs/spices take your fancy

Threeplus1 Fri 05-Jun-15 17:25:58

*oils not days!

Rinkydinkypink Sun 07-Jun-15 19:57:37

Dijon mustard or mint sauce with yogurt and vinegar is a great alternative to oil.

Try chilli dipping sauce for a different dressing.

Soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and a touch of sweetness such as honey or maple syrup is also lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now