Anyone have a CHEWY white chocolate chip recipe? Tried loads and they are yuk!

(5 Posts)
Millie3030 Tue 26-May-15 16:26:09

Hi everyone, I absolutely love the White chocolate chip cookies you buy in a bag from supermarkets, you know they are quite large and you get 5 for £1 type ones. They are soooo soft and chewy they are my weakness (in moderation I know they aren't good for you)

I have tried recipes on BBC good food and various and they all just taste like flour and are not chewy at all. Does anyone have a guaranteed chewy cookie recipe??

MrsGimpy Wed 27-May-15 01:04:28

This is what you need. Dangerously easy to throw together and the dough lasts well in the fridge, so you can bake them as needed and have them warm. I'm sure it'll work with white chocolate too.

I think the trick with cookies is not to overbake them: take them out when only the very edges are golden. When they actually look 'done' they go all crispy and dry.

LuisGarcia Wed 27-May-15 01:46:20

MrsGimpy has nailed it, that's exactly the recipe I went to. Bread flour and dark sugar are the trick.

Millie3030 Wed 27-May-15 22:04:03

Thank you so much I will try these tomorrow, although went to tesco to buy dark/brown sugar and there wasn't any, just normal white sugar or golden caster sugar, will that work?

You are probably right as well I probably over cook them because they cook too light in colour, I will just looking at the outside edge.

MrsGimpy Wed 27-May-15 22:41:44

You're welcome! Definitely try to get hold of soft dark brown sugar if you can (light brown soft also works). I can't imagine you'd get the chewyness with caster.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now