OK - there are 19 eggs in my fridge - ideas please!!

(25 Posts)
Bramshott Fri 15-May-15 17:53:05

We are a bit rubbish at eating eggs just as eggs iyswim - although Dd1 and DH will probably have some for breakfast. But no idea how we're going to get through 19 of the buggers!

What are your favourite recipes for using loads of eggs??

SweepTheHalls Fri 15-May-15 17:54:34

Home made mayo, in am egg mayonnaise sandwich. Lemon drizzle cake. Pancakes.

mateysmum Fri 15-May-15 17:55:53

quiche, meringues and use the yolks to make lemon curd.

spanish omelette

clippityclop Fri 15-May-15 17:56:20

Buy some ready made pastry and make quiche? Lemon meringue pie?

Rivercam Fri 15-May-15 17:56:29

Yorkshire pudding - I use four eggs per batch ( or toad in hole)

Scrambled eggs

Omellettes

Boiled egg sandwich

Egg and cress sandwich

Quiche

Wellwellwell3holesintheground Fri 15-May-15 17:57:37

Chocolate mousse

Wellwellwell3holesintheground Fri 15-May-15 17:57:52

Tuna and egg pie

Sgtmajormummy Fri 15-May-15 18:01:50

Yorkshire Pudding! Made my first ever this weekend using Jamie's recipe.
4 eggs, 200g flour, 225 whole milk, salt. 190 degrees for 20 mins in half a cm of very hot oil. Check, though as I may have forgotten something.
Chocolate mousse. Don't have a recipe, sorry! Melt black chocolate and sugar, cool and combine with yolks, whip whites stiffly, mix all together and cool.
Tiramisu. Not for everybody as it's very "eggy" and they must be super fresh.

stillsingingintherain Fri 15-May-15 18:02:02

I'm not a big fan of omlette but make this lovely courgette slice. So easy as well and doesnt have to be courgette

Canyouforgiveher Fri 15-May-15 18:06:07

spanish omelette for dinner?

millionsmom Fri 15-May-15 18:06:56

Baked eggs n ham!
Line all the cups in a muffin pan with a little oil/butter. Then iline with 1 or 2 slices of ham. Break the egg into the middle of each cup. Bake at 180/400 for 15 mins. You could mix the eggs with cheese, spinach etc and have mini quiches too!

nilbyname Fri 15-May-15 18:08:10

Hollandaise sauce
Meringues

Sgtmajormummy Fri 15-May-15 18:15:48

Forgot the butter for the chocolate mousse, sorry!
I like Italian spinach and ricotta Torta Pasqualina which has four or five whole eggs broken and baked into it, too. Plenty of Parmesan is the secret!

Fritata or however you spell it (which is Spanish omelette probably) - onion, garlic, pre boiled sliced potatoes, loafs of any veg you want - leeks are good, anything though, lots of herbs, salt and pepper and 8-10 eggs in a big frying pan to serve 4-5... smile

Bramshott Fri 15-May-15 18:17:53

Ooh - lots of ideas - thanks! Taking notes...

TalkinPeace Fri 15-May-15 18:19:05

spanish omelette : tidies the fridge beautifully and uses 3 eggs per person

or, as a treat, this classic recipe
www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/eggs/alpine-eggs.html

Loads not loafs obviously. ..

FrankTurnersGuitar Fri 15-May-15 18:20:33

Egg custard
Quiche

Lemondrizzletwunt Fri 15-May-15 18:30:41

Meringue and lemon curd, that way you use both parts of the egg

Fresh custard
Souffle
Homemade scotch eggs

WhereYouLeftIt Fri 15-May-15 18:40:03

Cake. Lots and lots of cake.

MrsMoggy Fri 15-May-15 20:21:49

Quiche or crustless quiche. Cakes (4 in a Victoria sponge) egg and chips, gammon and eggs, pavlova, egg muffins, omelette, boiled/poached/ scrambled, egg msyonnaise, hard boiled in a salad

Purpleball Sat 16-May-15 20:58:27

Make,yorkshire puds and freeze them, they only need 5-8 mins to reheat

Frittata - any leftover meat/veg will do. I did one this week - fry bacon lardons and other diced veg, add 6 beaten eggs, cook till mostly set then out under the grill to cook the top, add some grated cheese and grill til bubbling. Chorizo works well, as do spring onions, courgettes, mushrooms, peppers

ppeatfruit Sun 17-May-15 14:34:48

OOH yes FrankTurners real egg custard for a trifle YUM. If you had the time you could make a cake cut into small sponges with a couple of the eggs; to line the bowl. Then just soak them in sherry (or just the raspberry juice) and raspberries add a layer of the egg custard then a layer of whipped cream, decorate with flaked almonds and grated dark chocolate.

AlpacaMyBags Sun 17-May-15 14:37:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gingerfluffball Tue 19-May-15 08:48:29

Egg noodles if you have a pasta machine, then stir fry them up with eggs, sauce and veggies. Uses up loads!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now