Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for Mother's Day lunch

(12 Posts)
whiteiris Sun 03-May-15 08:52:26

It's Mother's day here in Australia on Sunday coming. The weather is still warm but not hot. I want to make a light 2-course lunch for DM. There will be 4 adults in total. No mushrooms. I'm needing inspiration please.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 03-May-15 10:07:34

Is she particularly fond of anything? I know my Mum loves salmon and chicken and for dessert anything with ice cream.

pregnantpause Sun 03-May-15 11:30:10

Caprese salad
Spaghetti with prawns, chilli, and parsley

Or

Marinated feta salad
Chicken and clementine tagine with cous cous

Or

Gazpacho
Seafood paella

Or

Fig, walnut, goats cheese and honey salad
Salmon Wellington with watercress and peas

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 03-May-15 12:55:13

How about salmon and veg in filo followed by peach & passionfruit meringue trifle?

whiteiris Sun 03-May-15 13:30:50

Hmmmm she likes raspberries. No special savoury likes that I can recall.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 03-May-15 14:02:31

Raspberry payola for pudding? You could make the meringue the day before.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 03-May-15 21:43:11

Have you decided yet White? smile

whiteiris Mon 04-May-15 01:23:47

No Jilted. Tbh a lot of the suggestions look scary-difficult to me!!!!! I must have simpler tastes than I realized! Will keep pondering smile

whiteiris Mon 04-May-15 06:30:53

I'm thinking of spinach, feta and tomato slice with simple green salad. Still pondering dessert.

whiteiris Mon 04-May-15 06:35:41

Pavlova will go well with that but I'll buy the meringue as it's one thing I make really badly.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 07-May-15 03:42:48

We all have something that we aren't as good at, mine is pastry smile

MyFriendsCallMeOh Thu 07-May-15 04:08:08

It's Mother's Day on Sunday here in Texas too and it will be warm. We're having friends and their kids round, im doing a big paella with green salad and crusty bread followed by strawberry cheesecake and lots of white sangria for us mums

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now