What do I do with almond butter?

(9 Posts)
prepperpig Wed 22-Apr-15 14:41:34

I've been given a jar and have never used it before

CMOTDibbler Wed 22-Apr-15 14:45:01

I've made almond butter cookies and almond butter muffins. The cookies were fabulous.

Or you can just eat it on toast or in a sarnie

TheMoa Wed 22-Apr-15 14:46:50

I just eat it on toast or crackers.

Just use it as you would peanut, or any other nut butter.

prepperpig Wed 22-Apr-15 19:09:48

Eeew, that was the world's biggest disappointment. I thought it would fast of bakewell tart! Where's the almond taste? It just tastes of grainy oil and now I have an oily mouth. Disgusting.

prepperpig Wed 22-Apr-15 19:10:37

"taste" not "fast"!

WittyAndCleverUsername Thu 23-Apr-15 11:54:59

grin at prepperpig!

I totally agree with you. I bought some a few months back thinking I was being all healthy and posh and I was so disappointed when I ate it - it was bloody revolting!! I tried it on apple slices as well thinking that might improve things but no yuck. I am sorry to say my jar ended up in the bin

fascicle Thu 30-Apr-15 16:07:49

The almond butter I have is oily but it's ground almonds and nothing else. Almonds have quite a subtle taste, so might seem boring compared to e.g. peanut butter with salt, sugar etc added. I like almond spread with marmite on toasted rye bread. Could you use it in a satay sauce as an alternative to peanuts?

TiedUpWithString Fri 01-May-15 10:55:25

I love the stuff. It doesn't taste of bakewell tart because it doesn't have almond essence. I would hazard that if you added some essence and spread it on toast with a layer of raspberry jam you would have your desired taste.

PeeNoMore Mon 04-May-15 23:13:02

It is absolutely delicious and I am amazed anyone dislikes it. I could eat it every day grin

I got some lovely spelt and raisin crispbreads from Holland and Barrett and the almond butter on those was amazing - just one of those perfect combinations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now