Advanced search

Expecting 30 for dinner on pancake day...

(5 Posts)
tassisssss Tue 10-Feb-15 18:42:09'll be a low key thing with about equal numbers of adults and kids.

Main course is sorted but does anyone have pancake inspiration that won't drive me flipping crazy?! Thanks.

mousmous Tue 10-Feb-15 18:46:29

you can make crepe style pancakes in advance. few secs in microwave and they are nice o eat.

annielostit Tue 10-Feb-15 18:51:12

You can make the pancakes and freeze with paper in between.
Some stewed fruit, apple with raspberries thrown in, blueberry compote. Some ice cream in a bowl and whipped cream.
Heat the defrosted pancakes and let everyone fill their own.
Chocolate spread/sauce lemon & sprinkles for little people.
You could fill fruit ones, fold Into quarters over lay on a serving plate heat slightly then serve.

RosyAuroch Wed 11-Feb-15 01:30:16

Make 6 or so dinner plate size thick, fluffy american style pancakes in advance.

Wait till they cool, then stack and fill like a gateau, chill then serve in slices. Options include
Sliced bananas, nutella and whipped cream
Caramelised apple slices, pecans, syrup and cream cheese
Lemon curd, strawberries and some kind of thick greek yogurt or fruit mousse

You might need three or four of these for 30 people, but they can be mad ein advance.

tassisssss Wed 11-Feb-15 13:58:22

Excellent thank you all, I think I'll attempt to make loads in advance and set out lots of simple fillings buffet style.

Love the idea of a pancake gateau though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now