Talk

Advanced search

Jamie Oliver (Naked Chef books) favourite recipes?

(10 Posts)
LollyLondon Mon 09-Feb-15 10:59:52

Can you please let me know your favourite recipes from Naked Chef and Return of the Naked Chef?

I have had both books for years and never really used them. All looks "nice" but nothing jumps out.

What should I definitely try? Thanks.

LollyLondon Tue 10-Feb-15 09:01:30

bounce...

applecatchers36 Sun 15-Feb-15 20:54:23

Fantastic fish pie, normal standard ingredients, nothing fancy & absolutely delicious

TwelveLeggedWalk Sun 15-Feb-15 21:01:23

Cooked loads from them when we got them many moons ago, they are how DH learnt to roast a chicken.

There's a lamb shank dish - slow cooked with tomato, carrot celery etc which is lovely.
His Thai chicken curry is good.
The Simple Chocolate tart is my default entertaining pud. Chocolate pots with Orange Polenta biscuits were lovely too.

There's a leek and butterbean gratin which we used to have lots, then I stopped using the recipe and made some rubbish ones, might revisit it!

Smurfingreat Sun 15-Feb-15 21:04:28

Seabass with mushrooms, potatoes and salsa verde. Cook it loads and love it.

He has a v good recipe for a curry base, which can be adapted. Think it is in Happy Days.

Bowlersarm Mon 16-Feb-15 17:48:34

I always use Jamie's Chilli con Carne recipe when I make chilli.,

Wenglish Mon 16-Feb-15 18:35:04

He makes an amazing lasagne

LollyLondon Tue 17-Feb-15 09:21:29

Thanks all - will work through a few of those. Love the sound of the leek and butterbean gratin, mmm.

lemonpoppyseed Tue 17-Feb-15 09:31:38

We've made his green Thai curry from the first book at least once a month for the last ten years. Delicious!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: