Talk

Advanced search

Bacon and mushroom ... what?

(12 Posts)
Mintyy Sat 07-Feb-15 16:40:29

Got nice bacon, got nice mushrooms, can get to shops for other things but don't want anything with chicken.

Any suggestions?

Am feeling uninspired!

Creatureofthenight Sat 07-Feb-15 16:41:15

Risotto?

Behooven Sat 07-Feb-15 16:41:58

Crepes?

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 07-Feb-15 16:42:52

Tagliatelle with cream and garlic

RainbowCake Sat 07-Feb-15 16:44:28

Make a cheese sauce and do a pasta bake?

TywysogesGymraeg Sat 07-Feb-15 16:45:36

With a baked potato.
In a sandwich with naice bread
Warm, in a salad
Add to soup, as lumpy bits
In a quiche

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 07-Feb-15 16:59:01

You could make a Bacon and Mushroom Hash. Peel, dice and parboil some potatoes for about 5 minutes then drain and allow to steam. Now heat a little oil in a large frying pan and cook the potato pieces until taking on some colour. Then add chopped bacon, quartered mushrooms and a chopped onion with a good dash of Worcester Sauce, a little mustard and some pepper. Cook until everything is browned. While the hash is cooking, poach a couple of eggs in a separate pan and blanch some sliced green beans. Serve the hash topped with a few beans, a poached egg and lashings of ketchup,

AnnoyingOrange Sat 07-Feb-15 17:06:44

Frittata or quiche

Furball Sat 07-Feb-15 17:07:04

My choice would be have it with cheese in a croissant toastie

DesperatelySeekingSanity Sat 07-Feb-15 17:14:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Biscetti Sat 07-Feb-15 17:23:32

Carbonara
Macaroni cheese - mushrooms sautéed in garlic, bacon cooked until crispy and sprinkled on top with extra cheese.
Omelette
Jacket potatoes with crispy bacon and garlicky mushrooms

Mintyy Sat 07-Feb-15 21:24:34

Thank you everyone! In the end I did a sort of mash-up.

I put a whole pack of halved cherry tomatoes sprinkled with olive oil and salt and black pepper in to the oven to roast.

I sauteed half a finely chopped red onion in some butter, then added chopped up bacon and mushrooms and left to cook gently for 10 mins.

Cooked pasta.

Cooked peas in another pan.

Drained pasta, added in peas, bacon & mushrooms, stirred through a couple of tablespoons of creme fraiche and a tablespoon of full fat philly.

Served topped with the cherry toms.

Fairly quick and easy dinner, but heavy on the washing up! Give me a one pot casserole any day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: