Talk

Advanced search

Waaaaa!!!! My freezer has defrosted itself :((

(8 Posts)
Orangedaisy Tue 03-Feb-15 19:10:58

Power cut on Sunday. Forgot to check it. Everything's all mushy now. Absolutely gutted, it was stocked with LOADS of dinners for DP and me, plus a gazillion lovingly cooked dinners for 10mo DD. All to make my life easier just as I am about to go back to work sad.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 03-Feb-15 20:45:06

Any claim against the power company? Home insurance?

Orangedaisy Tue 03-Feb-15 21:52:01

Good idea, but it's the effort that bothers me most, not the money (although that's not insignificant). Have been doing extra food for weeks now to build up a decent stock of home cooked stuff. Not sure the excess on the home insurance would make it worth it. Just wanted a whinge really and some sympathy

thenumberseven Wed 04-Feb-15 06:05:09

You certainly are entitled to whinge and you have my sympathy.
How awful for you sad
Have you been able to salvage some of it?

rumbelina Wed 04-Feb-15 06:49:54

Argh how annoying!

Orangedaisy Wed 04-Feb-15 13:37:17

Thank you for indulging me. Pea soup was lovely for lunch and sausage casserole to be created shortly. DP took the cake to work and we'll be eating a lot of bread products over next few days. On the plus side it got rid of a few bits that had been languishing.

thenumberseven Wed 04-Feb-15 14:04:29

Phew!! Glad you are able to use some of the goodies over the next few days.

What a coincidence, I had pea soup for lunch smile thoroughly enjoyed it.

I too need to get rid of a few things languishing at the bottom of my freezer but hope it won't come about as a result of it defrosting. grin
Have you found out how it happened?
Mine has the switch on/off button outside at the bottom near the floor.
When my granchildren visit I worry that they will switch it off and I'll not notice. Sometimes I've got up in the middle of the night to xxx ouble check after they visit.

Orangedaisy Sat 07-Feb-15 14:02:23

Thank you for your reply, it was a power cut across town and the freezer is on one of those surge protector plugs as it is in the garage. So it didn't reset when power resumed. Should have checked but forgot. Only do that once!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: