Advanced search

What to do with Lemon Sole

(6 Posts)
KerryMehome Tue 03-Feb-15 10:36:00

Morning all, I have about 10 very small lemon sole fillets that I need to make something with tonight and I have no idea what to do with them - there is only me and DH to feed! I've never cooked or eaten this type of fish before.

I bought the fish from the reduced section on a late night supermarket dash, it was down to pennies so I couldn't resist. I chucked it straight in the freezer when I got home not realizing quite how much fish was wrapped up inside the deli wrapper until I defrosted it this morning.

So, does anyone have any ideas on how to cook lemon sole fillets and also what I can do with the leftovers? It all needs to be cooked today but far too much for a meal for 2.

Malabrig0 Tue 03-Feb-15 10:37:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 03-Feb-15 11:09:18

It's a very delicate flavour and the fish is very light and un-filling. 10 small fillets... five each?... might not be too much for 2. Why not dip them in seasoned flour & beaten egg and shallow fry the lot? Have them hot today and cold on a salad tomorrow.

KerryMehome Tue 03-Feb-15 11:36:26

Thank you both - I think the shallow fried option sounds like the way to go. I'll cook the lot and see how much we get through in one sitting!

thenumberseven Tue 03-Feb-15 14:51:40

Soak fish in lightly milk seasoned with salt and white pepper.
When ready to use dry with kitchen towel and coat with flour. Shake to get rid of excess. Fry in hot oil until light golden on one side, then the other without overcooking.
Melt a some butter ina small pan and add lemon juice to taste, chopped parsley if you have it. Pour over fish and serve with lemon wedges.
Steamed broccoli goes perfectly with this. Any veg cooked simply

thenumberseven Tue 03-Feb-15 14:52:49

Meant to say milk lightly seasoned. Should preview message

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now