Advanced search

Any recommendations for a nice EASY pudding to make with eating apples today please?

(9 Posts)
Mintyy Sun 01-Feb-15 12:28:49

I always make a crumble or pie with cooking apples, but I've got some rather sad eating apples I'd like to make into a pudding to have after our Sunday roast tonight.

I know you make French apple tart with eating apples, but I'm not sure I can summon up the enthusiasm to do something that fiddly!

I was thinking maybe a cake? Can you use eating apples in those?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Artandco Sun 01-Feb-15 12:29:56

We just steed with honey and raisens. Add blob of Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream on serving

Artandco Sun 01-Feb-15 12:30:17

* stew not steed!

agoodbook Sun 01-Feb-15 13:38:14

Baked sponge pudding of course- peel and chop apples into the bottom of a oven proof dish, top with a normal 2 egg victoria sponge mixture - bakes for about 40 minutes - add custard !

Silverjohnleggedit Sun 01-Feb-15 13:46:53

Puff pastry cut into squares, sprinkled with sugar and baked, layered with stewed apple and whipped cream, marscapone or greek yoghurt. Pour some butterscotch sauce artfully over the lot or to the side....decisions, decisions. Maybe a dusting of icing sugar and cinnamon.

morethanpotatoprints Sun 01-Feb-15 13:51:50

Eves pudding, just as agoodbook suggests but add cinnamon and raisins if you have them.

BlueChampagne Sun 01-Feb-15 18:30:48

I'd still make crumble, just use less sugar.

DoItTooJulia Sun 01-Feb-15 18:33:49

Apple custard.

Stew apples with raisins and cinnamon. Cool.

Make custard. Cool.

Spoon layers of the stewed Apple and custard into the gasses/bowls you want to serve them in and chill. (Serve with whatever you want, ice cream, cream, nothing, meringues crushed, raisins)

DesperatelySeekingSanity Sun 01-Feb-15 18:37:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now