Talk

Advanced search

Left over beef

(5 Posts)
PotteringAlong Sun 25-Jan-15 19:13:32

I've got the end of a joint left. Nowhere near enough for beef / bubble and squeak tomorrow (is a one person portion really). What can I do with it to make a meal for me, DH and 3 year old?

scotchmincepie Sun 25-Jan-15 20:10:27

Big stir fry lots of veg and some cashews for a bit more protein. Beef and veg soup with some beans.

PotteringAlong Sun 25-Jan-15 21:39:31

Didn't think of soup! But like the stir fry idea too. Thank you! I was a bit stuck on pie and curry!

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 26-Jan-15 14:53:45

We love making Fried Rice with any leftovers. Cook up some brown rice, drain and cool. In the wok, using a tiny amount of oil, get some chopped spring onions, ginger, garlic, peppers, peas and sweetcorn going, together with shredded leftover meat. Finally add the cooked rice together with a little soy sauce and some sesame oil for seasoning.

Seeline Mon 26-Jan-15 14:56:25

I had the same last week. Minced it all up and mixed it with onions. carrot, celery, mushrooms, tinned toms and stock cube and turned it into a shepherds pie. It was much more yummy than using mince smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: