Advanced search

Disappointing Morrocan Chicken

(9 Posts)
KerryMehome Wed 21-Jan-15 11:41:39

I made Moroccan Chicken, Chickpeas and Rice using the Hairy Bikers Diet Club recipe for dinner last night,-chickpeas-and-rice/

Hopefully the link works!

It turned out really bland and just a bit meh and nothingy really. I have an absolute ton of it left and I don't want to waste it so can anyone suggest something to lift it a bit? It just needs something to give it some oomph but I don't know what that something is!

I am on slimming world so diet friendly suggestions preferred.

thank you!

CaffeLatteIceCream Wed 21-Jan-15 13:04:42

Definitely needs some garlic, IMO. Plus possibly another onion? Maybe a tin or so of chopped toms.

It does look a bit bland from the recipe.

AnnieWinehouse Wed 21-Jan-15 13:16:51

I would always add more chilli! Garlic is a great idea too, Caffe, always essential. And some fresh coriander sprinkled on at the end always makes a dish IMO.

KerryMehome Wed 21-Jan-15 13:17:56

Thanks Caffe - I think garlic and chopped toms sound like a great idea, I will give that a go tonight and will add some more chilli too.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Wed 21-Jan-15 13:23:15

Second garlic, but would also add apricots (ready to eat or dried but soaked first). The sweetness will set off the nuttiness of the chickpeas and lift the dish.

Allalonenow Wed 21-Jan-15 13:26:39

A good squeeze of fresh lemon juice immediately before serving will always "lift" a dish like this.

schoolclosed Wed 21-Jan-15 13:28:19

Couple of heaped teaspoons of harissa paste - rescues anything Moroccan.

KerryMehome Thu 22-Jan-15 13:47:14

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I the end I opted for a load of garlic, more onion and more chilli then when serving I sprinkled over a home made kind of gremolata type concoction

It was fabulous!

bigbluestars Thu 22-Jan-15 14:00:31

I second the harissa paste. Mix with a little hot stock and drizzle over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now