Talk

Advanced search

Is there anything such thing as a green smoothie that tastes nice?

(5 Posts)
flumperoo Sat 17-Jan-15 10:09:46

Any ideas for a green, vegetable based smoothie that doesn't taste foul?
I made one with avocado, spinach, cucumber, coconut water and fresh mint thinking it would taste at least half decent - it didn't!
I've made lots of delicious fruit smoothies and have tried these with a bit of spinach added, which is also nice, but I'm looking for something less fruit based with more veg without needing a gazillion ingredients and that also tastes decent. Is this possible?

RiojaHaze Sat 17-Jan-15 10:14:00

I use spinach or kale, celery, avocado, kiwi and apple with almond milk. Very green! I also put walnuts in it which works quite well.
Apparently lettuce in them tastes ok but makes you pee a lot!

fishfingerSarnies Sat 17-Jan-15 10:14:32

Does it have to be Green? Because beetroot is delicious in juices, though I like things with avocado too as I think it makes taste like banana.

LuckyLuckyLavender Sat 17-Jan-15 10:17:48

I use spinach, celery, cucumber, honeydew melon, apple, coconut oil, almonds and iced water

flumperoo Sat 17-Jan-15 10:42:40

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a try. I like the ida of apple as a sweetener but didn't imagine it would blend down very well without a super-blender rather than my bog-standard one. I also like the idea of beetroot. By green, I guess I meant veg based. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: