Talk

Advanced search

frozen food

(3 Posts)
catrina82 Sat 17-Jan-15 09:28:44

Was wondering if anyone can help. Im a vegetarian, but want my DS to eat meat & fish. Hes 1 year old & i get him cold meats from the fresh counter & also get fresh meat 2 cook, but it often goes 2 waste as the portions are too big. I do make things to freeze, but sometimes forget 2 get it out the freezer before work. Are there any frozen meats or fish that are good quality? I keep looking at the 100% chicken & cod ect, but is it really any good? I rarely buy frozen veg, so not sure how 2 go forward with frozen meats!

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 17-Jan-15 11:50:24

What you should try is to get things like fresh/chilled chicken breasts or fish fillets, cut them in half, wrap well with cling film and then put the 'spare' halves in the freezer. I do this with big packets of sausages.... don't want to freeze 8 in a lump when we only use 4 at a time.

Defrost in the fridge the night before you need one and then cook as normal.

Middleagedmotheroftwo Sun 18-Jan-15 11:03:09

Just out of interest, why do you want your DS to eat meat if you're a vegetarian?
(you must have known someone would ask that!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: